Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Choppy" rendering in prores 4444

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am having an issue when exporting my 4k 23,976 ae project in prores 4444. The results look very "choppy" and stuttering. Im not having the same issue when rendering in prores 422 or any other format. Unfortunately this has to be in 4444. Im using ame to render. 

My current setup is a 6700k with a gtx 1070 and 32gb ram. The projects are rendered to a m.2 ssd. I realize the 6700k is getting quite outdated, could this be the problem or could it be related to anything else?

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

The first thing to c heck is whether the file is actually fine, but your system is not capable of playing it back at full frame rate.  What is the resolution and frame rate of your output file?

Try this: render to QT ProRes 4444 as before, but then drop the rendered file back into AME and convert to an MP4 at half the resolution.  If the MP4 plays okay, your  QT render is fine, it's just too big for your system to play natively, or some other ProRes playback issue in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing to c heck is whether the file is actually fine, but your system is not capable of playing it back at full frame rate.  What is the resolution and frame rate of your output file?

Try this: render to QT ProRes 4444 as before, but then drop the rendered file back into AME and convert to an MP4 at half the resolution.  If the MP4 plays okay, your  QT render is fine, it's just too big for your system to play natively, or some other ProRes playback issue in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines