Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove items from Imported Scripts list in "WINDOW" menu

New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects 2019 running on a MAC Sierra 10.12.6

Recently updated to 2019 and had to reimport scripts. I used the FILE > Scripts > Install Scripts UI Panel method.

I now have duplicate listings under WINDOW.  I also would like to remove one of the scripts totally.

What I tried:

- Totally removing the .jsx file from the computer ( /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2019/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/)

- Doing a general .jsx search on the computer to see if it was copied somewhere.

- Clearing the Media & Disk Cache

I cannot remove items, or get rid of duplicate listings.

Is this information stored somewhere in another file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Existing AE; deleting the files from the relevant folder and then restarting AE should do the trick. Are you seeing duplicate listings of Scripts in your Windows Menu after committing to these steps?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A closer reading of my question would reveal that those are the exact steps that I have tried.

What I tried:

- Totally removing the .jsx file from the computer ( /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2019/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/)

- Doing a general .jsx search on the computer to see if it was copied somewhere.

- Clearing the Media & Disk Cache

Duplicate items still appear in the WINDOW menu, and items that I completely delete off the computer are still in there. I am wondering if they are saved in a file elsewhere. (Not the original .jsx file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts are delivered as *.jsx and *.jsxbin file.

If you go to the path (... scriptui panels), you should see all the scripts, as well as the duplications.

I never use the install method - actual didn't know there is any - instead I always copy/paste the file into the scriptui folder.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always good to double-check when something strange such as your experience is involved. And as often the case is, corrupted AE Prefs files may be involved. So, trash your AE Prefs and see if this helps.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and can only remove it after fully uninstalling and then reinstalling AE. Hope it help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must deleting C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\16.1\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as the OP and this solved it↑
Thanks rabesandra!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

facing the same problems with ae2020 while trying to install the new version of a script. this process solved the problem. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a Windows file path. Does anyone know the folder structure on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Users/userName/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/17.5/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues on a Mac, and the above path solved it, all .jsx and .jsxbin files were in there!! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a saviour! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines