• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render error 39 § 99

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's been 1 or 2 month since i've done a render in AE and now whenever i try to render, it gives me the same message alert every time :

After Effects warning: Cannot output to this format because it is not currently installed. (39 § 99)

I'll provide screenshots as soon as I can.

After many research on the net about this issue, I still don't understand. The problem doesnt seem to have any solution in other discussions.

The thread below suggests using Media Encoder. For some reason I couldnt launch it for 5 hours, and after restarting my PC it would stop the render right after starting and just crashes. Ok.

After Effects warning: cannot output to his format because it is not currently installed ( 39 :: 99 ...

Thanks to this thread I have found a "solution" : CreativeCOW

As a reply suggested I went to change in output template the default type of file to render. Now I'm rendering a PNG sequence every time I want to export. So.. cool right ?

Well it's taking 40 hours now. Maybe more, it keeps increasing the time. For 20 seconds of video to render.

Maybe it's my PC, idk about that.

But i'd still like to render directly a video, and I'd like to know if anyone knows this error.

Thanks for any help/reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is completely useless. You have not offered any system specs, exact render settings, details about your project and so on. How on Earth do you expect anyone to make sense of this? Sorry, but you need to do a lot better and make an effort to actualle give people something they can work with.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this bothering you so much it's my first post that I made in a hurry at work, I didnt have my specs or my project settings. I'm just asking if someone know this error.

Anyway.

Gigabyte AX370 GAMING K3 motherboard

Geforce GTX 1080

AMD Ryzen 5 1500X

and I thought I had 8 Gb of RAM but apparently I actually have 4 Gb which would be a good explanation to my render time.

My projects settings are default settings. same for render settings. I never changed anything.

As for the project itself, I tried different projects as I said, fro simple text animations whithout 3D or effects to heavy projects with multiple effects and compositions added on top of each others, it's always the same error at the render moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium's chiding aside, we do actually need a lot more information.

Please share with us your exact render settings and output module settings (screenshots would work for these).

Your system specs.

Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem (occured after Catalina update). Here is my info:
Screen-Shot-2019-11-12-at-6.26.16-PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please save me!!!~~ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this exact problem, do u know the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you receive me ?
M. Kevin ITZHAK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the same problem, is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I've found is to install the 2020 After Effect version,
with Media Encoder 2020, cause the export directly in AE doesn't work with
Catalina.
Now that I have 2 versions of 2020, dynamic links are working, and I can
export my work quite easily.

Hope it helps

Thanks x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting the offending Render Queue item and recreating it on the Mac side. There are some valid cases where this warning is expected, e.g. if the project file is converted Windows > Mac and specifies an Output Module type that isn't supported on the Mac platform. AVI for example. Can also occur when cross-platform project specifies a Lossless output module, which is named the same on both platforms, but means different codecs (AVI vs QT Animation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I have the same issue. This happened after OS Catalina Update. Now I cannot render the file.Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.26.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.26.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.26.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For issues that occur after a Mac OS update, you may want to try this solution. I haven't used it on this specific error, but we often see issues with folder permissions being set incorrectly after an OS update. This was written for Premiere but can apply to any application:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/premiere-pro/kb/premiere-pro-freeze-or-crash.html

Please give it a try and let us know if that helps.

/Chad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

I also tried this but it won't work. Do you have another solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We fixed this issue in a recent Premiere Pro release.

so, no solution for us, lucky you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem but i use quicktime as my renderer but it isnt there as an option? i dont know what to do. please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to be honest but the Adobe community is being very useless lately regarding errors occuring with Mac users. You HAVE to understand that YOUR users are paying to use your software and all they get is a series of unexpected errors and poor customer support. Catalina has been released 4 months ago (7 months for beta) and there is still no solution to this problem. If you want to charge . that amount of money for software . then provide the appropriate customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nooo wayyy ! They may have solved this matter now, right ? 
I'm stil stuck with the AE render or even the Media encoder rendering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They haven't solve the problem yet... I'm still lock with this error. 

I agree with George, it's very useless. So i'm stuck with my animation now, and also with Media Encoder too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all of you !
Important to share with you the solution :
You've to get the same versions between your software (I had Adobe CC After 2017 / Encoder 2020).

And the 2 matters (rendering into After + rendering to the encoder software were both solved).

Enjoy the creativity ❤️ 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! that's not neccesary. I solved it by downloading another version of after Effects only. I have a new 2020 After Effects software, with 2018 Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines