• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering failed.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been working on this 40-second project in After Effects for about 1 week, I've tried rendering it countless times, and every time it fails. It's in 30 fps, contains effects like s_shake, trapcode particular, magic bullet looks, RSMB, trapcode 3d stroke. I've tried rendering it in both AE and AME, and they both fail at approximately the same frames of the edit. I am running CC 2018 on a Windows PC. I have updated all my drivers recently, and it still fails. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10 Pro.

My components: 

i5-9600KF, 3.7 GHz

GTX 1050

8GB RAM

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no offense, but an "Everything but the kitchen sink." approach is probably not really helpful. There's so many third-party plug-ins in your project and they all use hardware acceleration functions like OpneGL to some degree, it's easy enough to predict that you will eventually simply run out of resources, especially when throwing AE's own GPU stuff on top. Having by today's standard limited RAM also does not realyl help. At the very least set some of the plug-ins to software-only rendering modes and disable AE's/ AME's hardware accleration. Otherwise restructure your project and pre-render some of the processing, then reimport and finalize it with teh rest of the effects.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I get a failed render the very first thing I do is select all layers in the comp and press the "u" key twice to see every modified property on every layer. If you know what frame causes the failure you can look for anything that might be suspicious. Particular can eat up your system resources that might be the first place to change something like lowering the number of particles.  You can quickly pinpoint a problematic effect by simply turning off the effect in the timeline. 

Another option is to render an image sequence. When the render fails, set the work area to the last rendered frame and see if AE will pick up the render at that point. If it was a system resource problem, most of the time the render will successfully pick up, then you can import your images sequence to AE or Premiere Pro and render your distribution copies from there. 

Let us know what you find. If I have a comp that takes more than a couple of seconds a frame to render I almost always render to a lossless codec like GoPro Cineform or Prorez instead of going directly to the AME. If the comp takes longer than 4 or 5 seconds a frame I always render an image sequence using the Render Queue and Render Garden because you can always pick up a failed render and you never have to render the same frame twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines