Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous Shapes on 3d Layer

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am trying to make 3d rotation with extrusion options. 

When i rotate Y dimension, i see some stupid shapes. How can i solve this?

Adsız.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is called Z-Fighting (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting)

You have two shapes on the exact same plane and they're intersecting. You have to go in and offset everything, even if it means putting one shape at "0" and another one at "0.1" for your Z-Cooridnates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i offset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how many layers you have intersecting, but just put make of their z-coordinates a little bit different. .1 pixel should be enough if you're not using any motion blur. If you are, then you might need to do more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try, thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seen your timeline but if this was my project I would change the rendering options back to Classic 3D, make sure that all of the artwork was vector art or shape layers, then export the comp as a C4D file and do the extruding, texturing, and animating in C4D. It will render faster and you will have infinitely more control over the project. It will take you a couple of hours to get a handle on texturing and editing in C4D Lite but it will be worth it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines