• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rounded Rectangle: Only two corners round?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE its easy to set the roundness of a rectangle for changing the corner radius. I need to draw a rectangle, which has two rounded corners (the upper ones), and two

"real" 90 degree corners at the bottom (like on my picture). how can i do that in AE? Thanks!

round_rect.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Use two rectangles on the same shape layer and overlap them.

A second option would be to convert a rectangle to a bezier path and edit the path. The first option is easier, more accurate, and takes less time to set up.

rect.png

If you need to put a stroke around the whole thing you can use the little ADD feature on the shape layer to add a Merge Paths. You'll get a stroke option.

temp2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use two rectangles on the same shape layer and overlap them.

A second option would be to convert a rectangle to a bezier path and edit the path. The first option is easier, more accurate, and takes less time to set up.

rect.png

If you need to put a stroke around the whole thing you can use the little ADD feature on the shape layer to add a Merge Paths. You'll get a stroke option.

temp2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick. The first option was the thing i also thought about, but it was hard to handle, because this shape is part of a text-box with animated transformations and transparencies, and the additional rectangle doesn't look nice during transformation.

Converting into path was the perfect solution in my case, thank you:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines