• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap function in CS4 After Effect (simple Question)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate

After Effect CS4

Gentlemen .

A very simple question, since i am more of a Premiere person, it seems like I am stuck with this problem and the problem is

In Premiere its called "Snap" its a tool or function that automatically finds the connecting or starting or ending of a clip.

For example if I have 3 channels of video and I have many cuts, by dragging the edge of a video , it tells or shows me when they are connected

I tried to search , all I find is "Snap to Guides" which in not doing what I want .

If you need more explanation, plz let me know , else hope you can help.

Thanks.

Btw. in Premiere the Snap looks like a "Magnet"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just hold down the shift key when dragging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK buddy that was vey helpful

but there is this new issue that i am facing

my whole project and sequence is16;9

after I get the result from renderque. it plays it as 4;3aspect ratio

I choose Quicktime for final out put

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2012 Feb 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To help you with that we need to know something about your composition settings and the settings you picked in the output module. Anything else would just be a guess. My guess is that you're using some HD footage from a non square pixel aspect ratio format and rendering to the same size. If you pick a square pixel HD format (1080 or 720 both have square pixel frame sizes in the default composition settings) and you put your HDV, DVCProHD, AVCHD, Mpeg non square footage in a square pixel comp it will fit and render out correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines