Copy link to clipboard
Hello, sorry if it's a noob question, but I would like to create a text animation like this
How do you call it? Where can I find a tutorial?
Thanks so much
The effect you linked to on Youtube is built into a standard install of AE.
1. type in your text.
2. select the Effect & Preset window (<Crtl>+5) or Click Window (top menu) - then select Effect and Preset from the list.
3. Twirl down the * Animation Presets
4. Twirl down the Text section.
(NB) These are all the preset text animations included with AE as standard. Play around here with these presets later.
5. Twirl down Animate In section
6. Select Decoder Fade In and drag it to the layer in the Composition window
7. In the Composition window - Select the text layer you applied the preset to. and tap 'uu' to see the applied and changed items on the layer.
8. Change the Opacity 0% that is set there to 100%
9. The animation is the last part of that preset so add keyframes to suit you desired effect.
Text animation is a very powerful area of AE. The supplied Persets are just the tip of the effects you can make.
Play around with the presets to learn how they effect the text. Guaranteed fun & tears as you learn.
Hello AvidWarp, this is amazing, thanks so much.
What if I should shouffle not over alphabet letters, but keeping the same letter and shuffling fonts? Is this even possible?
Sorry I have a very difficult client (my wife) 😄