• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking Chromatic Displacement

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, hopefully there will be someone out there who has used Red Giant's Chromatic Displacement plug-in and is able to help me. I'm creating a forcefield effect in my project and all I want to do is simply track the displacement and it's just not working, I've created turbulent noise on a CC Sphere, tracked that into my scene with the built in camera tracker and applied the chromatic displacment to my footage and selected the source as my sphere layer in the effects tab. After this I can't work out how I can track the displacement into the scene, I've tried pre-composing the sphere and also pre-composing the sphere and camera tracker but to no avail.

If anyone knows of a soultion that would be greatly appreicated I know people will probably reccomend contacting Red Giant support but I'm doing this now as their support isn't active over the weekend. I'm using CC 2020 by the way.

Thanks

Alex

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Your workflow makes of course zero sense. You have to apply the effect to its own separate adjustment layer, not the footage directly. For once this overused and misunderstood use of adjustment layers is 100% the correct workflow here. Also note that of course your tracked stuff may need pre-composing. It's just a 2D distortion effect, after all and those are sensitive to spatial inconsistencies and "bad" input maps with undefined areas.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow makes of course zero sense. You have to apply the effect to its own separate adjustment layer, not the footage directly. For once this overused and misunderstood use of adjustment layers is 100% the correct workflow here. Also note that of course your tracked stuff may need pre-composing. It's just a 2D distortion effect, after all and those are sensitive to spatial inconsistencies and "bad" input maps with undefined areas.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, thanks for your response I will give it a go, I was following an offical tutorial from Red Giant in which the effect is applied to footage and controlled from there. Skip to 1:39 and he begins the proccess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8WcvHcvlcI&t=100s

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After adding the adjustment layer and pre-composing the Sphere layer and 3D camera together its now working, thanks for your help!

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines