• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to execute script at line1. Expected:)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening everytime I Install AE. Something similar is happening on Premier. Does anyone know what is the cause? I'm on windows 10.

error AE.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Ok, sorry for taking so long to answer. I deactivated the home screen when you star up both programs and in both cases the error is gone. I don't know if is the version of windows I have or is something else, but now when I open them they're just fine and I can work normally. I read that there where something similar regarding the same issue with Ps, although I don't know if it was the same.

Is good to say again that even though the errors where popping out before I "fix" the problem, it was only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in what conditions do you get this error? Opening proyects? Importing media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens the moment you open up the software. After closing the window several times (hitting ok), I think I can use the software normally, but for me is still weird and I fear it may crash while working in something. Same goes to premier, but Ps, Ai, encore and Audition work fine. I don't know if it has to be with the version of windows 10 I'm using. premier.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a script or extension is throwing an error. Probably an extension since Premiere can only have extensions.

Do you have an extension installed for AE and PPRO that starts automatically? You can narrow down the issue by renaming the whole folder temporarily to see if it is an extension. If it works after that, then you can go through and remove folders one at a time to try to find which one is causing the issue.

- PC Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions\'

- Mac Directory'/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry for taking so long to answer. I deactivated the home screen when you star up both programs and in both cases the error is gone. I don't know if is the version of windows I have or is something else, but now when I open them they're just fine and I can work normally. I read that there where something similar regarding the same issue with Ps, although I don't know if it was the same.

Is good to say again that even though the errors where popping out before I "fix" the problem, it was only when I open up the programs. After that, when I started working it didn't happen again, therefore I assumed that there where something maybe weird with the home window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked for me too. 
Go to Edit>Preference>General>(Uncheck Enable Home Screen.)
Thats it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines