• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open .Mov files on Adobe After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Adobe After Effects 2020 and having a problem editing a video.

I can open .mov files on Premiere Pro but not on After Effects. it says

''After Effects error : The source file has an invaild codec. Please check that it is a vaild file."

Also I can open .mov files on my computer, and I have 'HEVC Video Extensions', which is on Microsoft Store.

- Windows 10, 64-bit, Creative Could 2020.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HEVC extensions are only relevant for Window's own media player, so I'm not even sure why you think it has anything to do with this. the rest we can't know. You have not offered any info about the actual source files, i.e. what codecs they use, where they were recorded/ generated and so on. Could well be that they use some outdated QT stuff that is no longer supported in AE or a DirectVideo-CoDec that AE has never supported to begin with or some such thing.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines