• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update the new ps layer into ae

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am doing a hand-drawn animation, and my workflow is drawing in ps, and import it in to ae so i can arrange frames time.

Frequently, I add or remove layers in ps, and ae won't update the layer which is not import in the beginning. So I need to import the ps file again and delete repeat layers. And it is not handly.

Is there any other more efficient method to do this?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I know there is no way, for me, I always keep the PS layer as it is even the layers name.

if you want to remove layer you simply remove this layer from the project windows and it will delete from your compositions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works as it always has. Layer IDs in PSD files are not persistent and any change to the structure of a document will mess up references to specific layers. There's no way around it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines