• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: Unknown Exceptions

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an After Effects Warning: Unknown Exception when trying to use my text tool inside After Effects. I'm running a mac with a 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 and an Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB graphics card. I have the most recent After Effects update installed onto my computer. I didn't have any issues with this before, but after the update the issue presented itself. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling After Effects and even tried deleting corrupted fonts that I had in my font library. 

If you have any thoughts on how I can fix this please let me know! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Well, that comp looks tiny to be honest, even accounting for its zoom factor. This may simply be an issue with the text layer not producing enough visible pixels in such a case and messing up the font engine and hardware acceleration functions. As a test try a larger comp with larger text/ different fonts and also set the comp rendering to software-only.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that comp looks tiny to be honest, even accounting for its zoom factor. This may simply be an issue with the text layer not producing enough visible pixels in such a case and messing up the font engine and hardware acceleration functions. As a test try a larger comp with larger text/ different fonts and also set the comp rendering to software-only.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! That was the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines