Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.metal.h in the new sdk

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the attempt of testing the new Metal support on mac, I downloaded the updated SDK but it doesnt build. It seems like the file SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.metal.h is missing. Can you please tell me where to find it and if there is any recommendations to build a metal based plugin. thank you.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with the build of SDK_Invert_ProcAmp on OSX. 

This build step errors:

File "SDK_Invert_ProcAmp/Mac/../../../GPUUtils/CreateCString.py", line 52, in <module>

with open(inputfile, 'r') if len(inputfile) > 0 else sys.stdin as f:

IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'Build/Intermediates.noindex/SDK_Invert_ProcAmp.build/Debug/SDK_Invert_ProcAmp.build/DerivedSources/64/PreprocessedOpenCL/SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.i'

It's correct, inside the location there is no SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.i, just SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.metal.h.

So it seems SDK_Invert_ProcAmp_Kernel.metal.h is created on build. Any idea about the .i file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ! indeed it works. I didn't realize that the metal shader file was actually generated...rather translated from cuda. thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines