• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't the illustrator layers appear when I import the file? After Effects CC 16.0

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an illustrator file with several layers and imported it to illustrator. Then I've added layers to the file and saved, but after effects cannot show the new layers. It only lets me import the ones I had imported already before. This is all I've tried:

- Reset preferences in After Effects.

- Created a new AI file and try to import that one (that results on not importing any layer at all)

- Outlined all texts

- Checked nothing was out of the artboard

- Reboot

-  I tried saving the file as an older format (CC (14.x).aep)  and installing previous version of after effects (14.2.1) to open it there, but the same happens.

Is there anything else I can do?

I'm facing a deadline and have been preparing the content for weeks, so I'm starting to panic. I have many different illustrator files prepared to import. Anybody has any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Are your files in RGB or in CMYK and did you enable PDF Compatibility in AI during saving? Do you have more than one artboard on your AI file?
And also maby that link can help: Preparing and importing still images in After Effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your files in RGB or in CMYK and did you enable PDF Compatibility in AI during saving? Do you have more than one artboard on your AI file?
And also maby that link can help: Preparing and importing still images in After Effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That PDF compatible file wasn't checked!

You saved my job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. And thanks for marking answer as correct - hope that it will help other people with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines