• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to make a Rifle holding character and animate gun recoil?

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I need the community help, please. I want a character to hold a rifle and shoot with it, so both hands will be holding different parts of the rifle and there should have a recoil effect that affects the movement of both arms. I tried using magnets on the two holding places of the rifle and in both hands, but the rifle keeps detaching from the hands ( even if I increase the strength of the magnet effect ). I also tried to draw a rifle together with one of the hands, but I could not get the second hand to look attached to the other holding place and animate the recoil effect on it. What am I doing wrong, is there another way? I appreciate any help.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers can have one parent, not two. So you cannot have arms controlled by body at the shoulder, and controlled by a rifle at the other end. Its just not supported.

My best suggestion is to record a take by hand, then create a "replay" from it to reuse it. Basically put draggers on the hands and body etc, and record the movements (maybe using blends and transforms to get everything in sync).

But there is not an easy solution I don't think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks once again. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines