• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5 you might want to pin this as a solution as its a one time step and it works cross platform. It's by far the easiest and most reliable out of the four provided

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know any way to pin it except to mark it as correct.  i've never marked my own answer as correct (because it just seems to be poor forum.  and there are enough forum users who complain about "community experts" being power-hungry)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to follow up with some things I've learned since I last posted here. I had made the decision to move everything to WordPress and use Elementor for my site design because I was familiar with Elementor.  However, in the process of moving my entire hosting account to a VPS server (because of what I want to do with email campaigns, among other reasons), there were some glitches and one of the tech support people offered his observation that the industry as a whole was moving away from Elementor because it produced bloated code. He offered some more efficient alternatives, so I took a look at them and deicided to switch to the Brainstorm Force (BF) family of products (Astra, Spectra, and Schema). Their UI is much easier to use than Elementor's, and their features enable me to create exactly the design I want to create, which I was unable to do with Elementor's approach.

I also ran some speed tests on my existing sites, which had been created entirely in Muse.  I'm attaching a screenshot of part of one of those tests, which shows that the code generated by Muse has old prefixes (in the bad CSS category), and that the self-hosted fonts solution I had chosen to deal with Adobe's cutting off access to Typekit last year was also having a negative effect on my scores. As far as I can tell, the Jquery issues were from two Muse plugins I had added to my design. None of that will occur when I have ported my sites to WordPress and use the Astra and Spectra tools for my sites. All of the BF products are very efficient, without sacrficing aesthetics. This was yet another reason to leave Muse behind.

In shopping the alternatives to Elementor, I came to the conclusion that with the BF tools I had chosen, I would be able to have excellent control of my design, and not have to work so hard at creating proper breakpoints, because sites created with these other tools are much more fluid and work better for responsive sites. They have also matured are are "just right" for what I need now. There are still issues with WordPress itself, particularly with regard to security, but there are solutions for that, and my new hosting environment will have lots of protection, as well.

Two years ago, when the Typekit issue surfaced, one person who was active in that discussion kept saying that there would come a point when we would ALL have to move on from Muse. I resisted that because I was attached to what I was able to do with Muse, but now I was forced to make this move because of not being able to use the fix that is offered in this thread. However, that also led me to step back and take another look at my present sites. I realized that my existing design is dated and needs to be given a fresh look. All in all, although I was initially anxious about what had happened with Muse and my inability to finish the two sites I was completing, I am now glad that I was forced to look beyond Muse and find something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. This got me at least further. Adobe Muse starts (win 11) and I can see the actual Program now for 10 seconds... BUT just when the buttons would get clickable, it vanishes again...

I tried copying the 3 dlls files, which fixed it a year ago... now cyping the dlls from photoshops results in errors. So I only A) repaired CC and B) renamed AdobeIPCBroker - both gets me further. 
Without Muse disappears at 1/4 of startup. 
With renamed file it disappears much later after around 10 seconds of showing the actual program. Still it disappeares...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heller23 

i don't know why you're seeing a different result when applying that fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, I don#t know sadly either. I have no idea what makes a program vanish or hide into thin air. It also dies in the Task manager in the same second. So it really dies, not only vanishes...
Normaly I have a good understanding auf PC problems, but I am really lost on this one. I also don't get why the CC App makes it close... and what else is left in my case closing it. Disable the internet connection, does not help either...
Almost feels like c*a*king a legal software šŸ™ˆ I understand they stopped the support but this feels a bit like terpedoing Muse... Luckily I am only stuck with 2 Muse pages, for 2 friend artists. 

I have no idea in which other affordable tool I could redesign a page like this: Anleitung (georgheller.de)
I know it is limited compatible with mobile, but the artist loves in on desktop and is satisfied with it the way it is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page design based on a artgallery needs sidescrolling, which I hardly ever saw on any wordpress page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Heller23 

there's a chance the problem caused by the cc desktop app will be fixed with an update.  at least, adobe's aware of the problem and, i don't believe, caused it intentionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also don't believe it was caused intentionally, but it's been at least two months since they were made aware of it by several of us (myself included), and I honestly don't think they are going to do anything about it. Their stock reply is "Muse is EOL, and we don't support it anymore." The problem isn't with Muse itself not functioning; it's the CC interface with it that causes this issue.

@Heller23  You can see an article that lists 15 WordPress Themes that provide one-page sites with horizontal scrolling here: https://codeless.co/horizontal-scroll-wordpress-themes/ Perhaps one of this will be right for you. There are other methods to achieve this with CSS, but I went with Muse because I don't want to do coding, and I assume the same is true for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@saraz943607 

that reply is from adobe support.  they are not the decision-makers about whether the desktop app gets "fixed".  they just know they are not obligated to help anyone that's having a muse problem (even though this really isn't a muse problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is sad is I called bawling because I have over 20 GIANT sites on Muse with copy blocked so I cannot even copy my wording off them. So I called support bawling and they literally tried all kinds of things, including the things everyone said to do to get it to open for me but even support could not fix it. They tried. He spent hours renaming things and beyond trying to get it to open. Getting older Muse programs, and even going into DAS and nothing worked. He felt so bad and I am sooooo screwed. I have moved on though and I am now using Nicepage and copying my wording from dev page on browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natashax4 

ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I'm concerned, they have to fix the issue, for the simple reason that I have a single app subscription with Muse, and if they prevent it from running due to a fault in their Desktop app, and don't fix it, they are taking my money fraudulently! Yes, I can work around it, and now there's no file syncing any more, I could just completely remove CC Desktop for good, Muse does not need it, problem solved! That's not the point though, they didn't test the latest CC Desktop app update with Muse, understandably, but now the problem has been brought to their attention they have no justification for not fixing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Muse stopped working for me from today (April 28, 2024), I'm interested in your current situation with Muse. Has anything changed for the better for you regarding Muse? A new option has activated for me this time. This time it's about a 7-day trial (which of course I didn't start). I wouldn't mind if they were able to extend this 7-day trial to an 'infinity' mode šŸ˜‰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Mac do this: On your startup disk go to: Applications > Utilities > Adobe Application Manager > IPC > AdobeIPCBroker. Now, add a random letter to this file nameā€”for example, AdobeIPCBrokerx. Then launch Muse from the application, not from Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has worked thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Searched and tried everything and worked with tech support for hours and hours. This simple method worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was after I uninstalled latest cc and used a version of cc and Muse that were downloaded from links the tech support gave me. The links only work for 24 hours so it's no use posting here. Adobe tech support was awesome too, they were helping even though the app has been sunset long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that additional information @monzalui 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to hear.
I think we're all hoping that the next update to CC Desktop will fix this issue, the developers must be well aware of the problem by now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps we need to cast a wider net to understand what might be happening: https://www.theregister.com/2024/02/01/windows_10_users_errors_hardware/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware of that problem, I'm suffering it myself!

It's nothing to do with the Muse problem of course, but I suspect that the scenario is exactly the same, an update has been rolled out which has caused things to stop working, by accident not by design.

I hope Microsoft will fix their mistake on the next Patch Tuesday update. They should hang their heads in shame, as this will potentially have affected millions of people!

I don't believe they would suddenly drop Windows 10 support for some processors, as the theory seems to be in some places, without saying anything in advance.

Likewise with Adobe, I don't believe they would do something deliberately to stop Muse from working with no notice given, as they must know that many people are still using it.

It's just carelessness, nothing more, and I hope it will be fixed, both by Adobe and Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5I interacted directly with Adobe tech support several times on each of these issues-- first when they severed the connection with Typekit (with no notice to any of us) and this time, around the issue of severing the ability to open Muse anymore. On both occasions, the standard response was "Muse is EOL, and is no longer supported. Go to the community forum for an answer." In each case, they logged a support ticket and then closed it because my request could not be accommodated within their current policies. I think disconnected Typekit was a conscious decision, due to a change in their priorities. At that time, I was assured BY EMAIL by someone at Adobe that Muse would continue to be available to people who wanted to use it, and when I had it installed, it was recognized as being part of my plan. She pointed out that they continue to make other, older applications available, but this is not a question of availability. I can install it just fine from within Creative Cloud. I just can't open it and the fix of renaming that file doesn't work for me. In this case, I am quite sure they are aware of the problem and from what I was told in my exchanges with tech support, they have no intention of doing anything about it.

They are putting their resources behind emerging and ongoing needs, and those of us who still are using Muse have been left behind. We were given proper notice of the EOL, and it was put on us to adapt accordingly. For Adobe, it's just business. It's not personal to any of us, but we simply aren't enough of a factor in their balance sheet to matter very much. That's just how it is, under the present economic system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY! This is all on Adobe. Jokes on them. I cancelled my plan and went to Adobe PDF only. Now I am searching for new photo editor platform. I will NEVER trust Adobe again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natashax4 

eventually, all software is abandoned/unsupported no matter who makes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines