• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DRM: "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open."

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an eBook in 2015.

I cannot open it now, getting the message: "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open." This is simply untrue. I've never changed by Adobe password. I moved from one Mac to another, but that shouldn't matter given the file is linked to the account rather than the device.

DRM problems again.

Please if there's anything you can do; Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a usual thing  - better not buy any ebooks at all! unfortunately we readers are being robbed thought all these stupid security things.

never ever will I buy a new ebook!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dylanu46851637,

Long story short.  The ebooks you may have added were added into your library without computer id when you initially tried opening the Adobe Digital Edition (ADE).

There are 2 ways to open ebooks when you are initially opening any electronic (digital) resources.

1. Without creating a digital id (relying on the computer's windows or mac credentials) and

2. Creating a Adobe id and connecting your ADE for all logins through this id.

If you have opened your ebooks on a Adobe id thinking that you will find your purchases but you actually opened them without a Adobe id but using your computer's authentications then you see this error, "... not associated...".

Solution:  1. Check which way you have authorised your ADE platform.

2. If possible, go back to ebook sources like EbookCentral or other where you have downloaded the ebook and try download it again.

3. Possibly, if you had already downloaded a epub or pdf format of the ebook, they will be available in C:\Users\<your login>\Documents>"My Digital Editions" folder.  Save or back up your ebooks in a safe location.

4. Check which authentication works on ADE (see details above of the 2 modes of authentication).

Possibly if you have figured out how you authorised on ADE whether using computer or a Adobe id you should be able to access all ebooks.

Dsiclaimer:  These steps I have tried on frustration with Adobe's response that they have never posted a solution on any community chats and have taken step in trying to solve my problem losing nearly 140 ebooks.  I succeeded but I don't suggest delete or replace the digital files (ASCM, epub or pdf formats) in the folder locations mentioned.  Please take your own risk in following the above steps, I cannot guarantee success in all circumstances.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines