• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I always need to sign in to my CC account to use Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a Photoshop package. 

I can't see or use the Photoshop App on my desktop unless I sign into my CC account. Do I always need to sign in to the Creative Cloud app to use Photoshop?

And can I use/install my Photoshop purchase on another device?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you always have to sign on. This is how Photoshop makes sure you are still paying for your subscription. You can sign in on other compatible devices too, but only two can be signed in at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's a bit of a pain. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why that's a pain. Unless you are signing out because it's a shared computer? Or it's some kind of virtual machine? Otherwise it should just stay signed in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Newbie_user,

At regular intervals, Creative Cloud must call home for a few seconds to confirm that your subscription is current. Once every 30 days for monthly plans, every 90 days for prepaid plans. 

Providing you don't log-out of the CC desktop app, you can use Photoshop without Internet access.  However online services like cloud storage, Libraries, Adobe Fonts, Portfolio, etc... won't work without Internet.

If you're constantly being prompted to log-in to Creative Cloud, something is wrong.  Your computer is not remembering your log-in.  See the solutions below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't log out of the CC app- I just minimise it. But when I shut-down the PC, I am logged out of CC. It does not remember my Login details. I have tried the fixes mentioned in the link you sent, for Windows 10,  but it still does it. I guess I will have to log back in whenver I want to use the Adobe Apps.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the programs on as much devices you want, you can concurrently activate 2 devices. As long as you stay signed-in, you don't need to sign in again. https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sign In"  means ACTIVATE MY SOFTWARE.

"Sign Out" means DEACTIVATE MY SOFTWARE.

Never Sign Out of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App if you want to keep using your Adobe software. (Unless you have problems that require an 'Out / In' procedure.)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aka keeps a stranglehold on subscription status. I miss the days where I gave money got a product and the company could just leave me alone. Now I gotta log in, submit data, and various hoops. I miss the days where companies earned their profits and weren't greedy and monolopistic and don't care for their customer base. Now we have subscriptions where they nickel and dime you to death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more so its now the mentality where you pay more but you receive less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also love how adobe installs software in different areas of your pc making it incredibly tedious and difficult as possible to remove any trace from your pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also love how adobe installs software in different areas of your pc...

By @James32688276jiff

===========

Microsoft is worse. 

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines