• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Freezing - Multiple Users

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen an uptick of users within our organization with issues opening Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Symptoms include Acrobat crashing upon opening and Acrobat freezing upon open.

This appears to be impacting only full-licensed users and does not discriminate between them using the 32-bit or 64-bit version. And it also does not discriminate between Windows version/OS Build. I have two users: one on Windows version 22H2 OS build 19045.2486 and another on version 21H2 OS build 19044.2364. On top of this craziness, it appears to be intermittent because I am also a full licensed user on the same 22H2 version/build but my Acrobat works fine.

For Acrobat, I confirm that we are all using version 2022.003.20310.

We have tried a few fix including quick repair from Control Panel, terminating Task Manager task for all Adobe processes, and general maintenance/rebooting/etc. None which fixes the issue. The only way to resolve the issue is to uninstall Acrobat, install Creative Cloud if not already available, then run the installation through Creative Cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

The issue was resolved. Just in case anyone is experiencing the same issue.

Long story short, there were a few changes made to our accounts during renewal. The quota for our Acrobat Pro DC was set to 5, versus the 250 full licenses that we currently have. I notice that only 5 user accounts had Acrobat as a tied license product. Readjusted the quota back to 250 had fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to note,

For impacted users, the Acrobat process in Task Manger > Details remain open even after closing all Acrobat apps. It is hung up somewhere, but killing the task does not resolve it.

XXX233681405zza_1-1674229943007.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are there two Acrobat.exe showing in your Task Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, but I don't know.

Under Processes, it shows one instance of Acrobat running, but Details have two objects.

This is normal on both a working machine and an impacted machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There wouldn't be two separate instances of Acrobat on these machines could there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me try that and get back with you. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bueno. resetting the Acrobat Preference does nothing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can confirm on my own device. This would usually be the case if I had Reader or something else. But my machine has two instances of Acrobat running under Details and it was never impacted by the crash or freeze (yet).

XXX233681405zza_0-1674234055484.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer 

@XXX233681405zza  is showing the details tab, not processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got that. Still didnt explain why Acrobat is listed twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because there are two threads/one instance.  some apps (eg, browsers will run a thread for every open tab).

in the processes tab, it'll be listed once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was resolved. Just in case anyone is experiencing the same issue.

Long story short, there were a few changes made to our accounts during renewal. The quota for our Acrobat Pro DC was set to 5, versus the 250 full licenses that we currently have. I notice that only 5 user accounts had Acrobat as a tied license product. Readjusted the quota back to 250 had fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@XXX233681405zza 

thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have an error looking the same. But Our quota is OK. And the support is trying to say something about account renewal, but no specifics

Any ideas about our case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Админ28066061It 

these are user forums. use your adobe contact for specifics related to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate you not removing my comments @kglad . This is why people find it so dreadfully painful to get any support from Adobe. When there is obviously a quick and easy solution, you or someone else from the Adobe community delete all tracks. Are you proud of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the phone number you use for support is probably not the same that others need to use.  that's why your post was moved.  and it can be moved back here, if an adobe employee feels it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I explicitly stated that it is for Enterprise license holders only and provided a clear note to not use the number if it is unrelated, so your comment makes no sense. SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@XXX233681405zza

what's the link to the phone number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@XXX233681405zza your number is specific to your account and not the same for others.

I saw your post and it is not the same that I have for our Enterprise account. I believe it is specific to region and/or business vertical (healthcare, government, education, retail, etc).

Its more confusing to post things like that than helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have taken screenshots, I will be posting them online. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines