Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Crash] Fresco on Windows 11 - Crash on launch

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed Fresco on my new PC running windows 11, unfortunately it doesn't open and keeps crashing. I get this notice: 'Loading documents' and after a few seconds crashes and closes. I updated everything I could on windows, even my graphics card directly from the manufacturer (Radeon) to no avail. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Hello @ketriss,

Sorry to hear about this experience and for the late response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, kindly try running Fresco under a different administrator account (Windows) or the root user account (macOS) and share your observations.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Hello @Aldo24677406mi4f@Kajrov@Michael30060937xsr1@sazzle001@Mael2997180377ri,

Thank you for your patience. Our team has recently released a newer version of Fresco 4.7 that may help solve the issues you're experiencing. Could you please try updating to the latest version and let us know if it improves your situation?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Kindly try these steps to create a new administrator account for Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d and check if it helps.

Also, kindly check if all of your work is synced online (https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents). If yes, please try resetting Fresco (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/repair-apps-and-programs-in-windows-e90eefe4-d0a2-7c1b-dd59-949a9030f317

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hello @Fotomaker01RA,

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind sharing logs using these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html?

Also, you may try these steps:

1. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop Application
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+R
3. It will show a dialog to Relaunch
4. Click Continue and wait for 2-3 minutes
5. Launch Fresco

Looking forward to your response.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 105 Replies 105
Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gabriela C Torres You have to unpack all the stuff twice then you'll be able to run the Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked the link but it just gives me an error so I can't install anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's some Gigabyte that has to be downloaded. Maybe try another Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reinstall the 4.0 version of Fresco and it works perfectly fine again and does not crash. I used another link shared by an adobe employee and it installed with no issues. Only issues I will have are with the updated versions so I wont be updating it until they are fixed with the newer versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I uploaded that file in creative cloud just like you say but... Still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kuvaajankulma,

Thanks for confirming that. After uploading the file, kindly share a link to the file here so that we can check it with the team. Steps are shared here: (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html).

Note: While creating the link, kindly change the Link Settings to make it Public and allow Save a Copy.

Also, kindly confirm the exact version of the OS/Fresco, system config (CPU/GPU/Memory), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so we can investigate this further.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have that Log regording tool any more on my PC . Its so close i give up. this seems to bee a big broplem . I think we all have the same proplem whit fresco.. So maybe You in there adobe go and by one pc whit win 11 and try how fresco dont work. Ok. Sorry i dont want to bee a jerk. just frustreiting for this. and i gnow you are doing everythin in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kuvaajankulma,

We are sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind trying to download Fresco v4.0 and checking if it helps?

(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

Note: This link is only valid for the next 24 hours.

If the issue persists, we may need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's time for Adobe to relece the latest version that open in windows 11, Freso 4.3.0 so we can downloade it save/install because youu need to install the verion every time something hapen in CC-app and the old version been overwrited by the new one even you have satt CC-app to not auto´uppdate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem on desktop (windows 10). Fresco worked fine before, but I had to replace my hard drive and install my Adobe apps again and Fresco wouldn't open. I have tried all suggestions in Adobe support community but still cannot open Fresco. As per Gabriellas videos in this thread, the app starts to launch and then crashes. The only previous version I can install is 4.6.0 but I have tried and this won't work either. How do I get 4.0 version of Fresco to see if this works on my computer? This is really frustrating having to spend so much time trying to troubleshoot the problem and is interuppting my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KLAUDIA29672792hsto But when you updated to 4.6.0 once you won't be able to reinstall 4.3.0 anymore. The only option there will be is to install the non working 4.4.0 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Anubhav Majumder is there any solution for our problem? Could you maybe advise us on how we could solve that issue? Maybe you need any additional data to help? Please let us know, we are all waiting for help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Mark_1984,

Would you mind trying to download Fresco v4.0 and checking if it helps?

(https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeESD/FRSC/4.0.0/win64/65329b20-2fb0-4131-a587-6df11b7f46e4/Adobe_Fresco...)

If the issue persists, kindly share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), so we can check it with the team.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anubhav Majumder thanks for the help, I did install Fresco v4.0 and it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issues as everyone else. Please can I have a download link to Fresco v4.0 to see if it will work on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same, wainting for the link... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @sazzle001@Mael2997180377ri,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind trying to download Fresco v4.0 using this updated link and checking if it helps?

Also, before installing the older version, kindly try and replicate the issue and share the logs by following the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html), a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), and a sample file you are having trouble with (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html#:~:text=Share%20links%20to%20a%20cloud%20docu...), so we can check it with the team.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anubhav, I have downloaded and installed and I can confirm that Fresco V4.0 is working for me. My apologies, but I only just read the rest of your email regarding the logs etc. so I can't provide you with this now (unless I unintall / reinstall etc. but to be quite honest I have spent enough wasted time on trying to troubleshoot this issue already) The video that @Gabriela C Torres uploaded is exactly what I was experiencing if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo Yoga 9 Laptop here with Windows 11. For me Fresco crashes when I use the guide tools (ruler, etc). Usually after a few minutes. Also latest version of Fresco installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I run the lastest Fresco 4.6.0 under WIN 11 on a Lenovo Laptop here. It crashes on me when I use the ruler tool. I sent in the error reports when the program crashed. I really hope Adobe acts on them asap. Pretty annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me,..this is an Adobe issue and they KNOW IT!!! The only way I found a solution (which honestly is ridiculous) was to rollback to the previous version and all was fixed. After all of the dancing aound that Adobe has us do,..it comes down to rolling back to a previous version. What does this tell you? It's a version issue! This is also a reason why the whole argument about the subscription model being the solution to avoiding these types of issues is bogus.  Yes,...I do understand that NOTHING is perfect and a bug here and there will occur but here we are with this same issue and your monthly bill will STILL be expected to be paid while the product is NOT what it should be. Very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It totally looks like it. You just have to take a look at the Fresco Forum: We are not the only ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to the support team, and currently, the only solution they provided is to revert back to version 4.0. They informed me that they are actively working on resolving this issue. In the upcoming version (4.7 or higher, who knows), it is expected that Fresco will be compatible again. However, the problem remains that we are currently stuck with version 4.0. This situation raises concerns about updating Illustrator or Photoshop, as I heavily rely on these tools for my work. Losing access to either of them would pose significant challenges for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark, many of us are in the same boat. I use Photoshop and AfterEffects as well as Premiere professionally but also...RELUCTANTLY due to their whole lousy business model and cloud reliance. My employer pays for the CCloud so I use it. On my personal side I have already begun the transition to non subscription based programs. I tried Fresco for my side business and after this fiasco I will likely stay away from ever subscribing to it. The programs that Adobe makes and develops are great,....no denying that.....but its NOT WORTH THE TECHNICAL AND DEVELOPER ISSUES/ HEADACHES THAT ALWAYS ACCOMPANY them  and the greed behind their business models associated with their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For over a year this problem has been around and nobody at Adobe sems to be doing anything about it. For what its worth I did have the same (similar) problem on Windows 11 but found what may be a solution of sorts for some people, or maybe just luck. I was able to get Fresco to start but when I selected a particular file from my storage it simply paused for a while (Loading) and then crashed. This was repeatable ad infinitum on 2 differernt Laptops I have. Other files could be opened though so this suggested a file corruption of some kind to me. So I double clicked on the file in order to view it within Creative Cloud - it opened for view OK. Then I went to 'Open With' and selected Fresco. It opened fine (!),  but importantly the act of doing it this way appears to have rectified the issue with the corrupt file as it nows opens normally within Fresco. The developers at Adobe must be sitting on their hands because everyone who has had their form of the issue can reproduce it ad infinitum without problem. Repeatable problems are the easiest to identify and fix,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines