• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows cursor in Fresco

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fresco on a Surface Pro 16, Win 10 tablet. Unfortunately I get the normal Windows cursor (arrow) when drawing. I've already searched all possible menus (windows & Adobe) to turn it off, but can't find a solution.

It's a bit irritating and I would like to see the brush size or just a dot. I don't have this problem in other Adobe products. Does anyone have an idea how to correct this?

TOPICS
Device

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Hello @cryothic @dracogiraffa @dctanjoe @Don28878734xrjz @Torsten.H,

Thanks for your patience. The product team is aware of this problem in Fresco version 4.4 and is working on a fix for a future release.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah same here, I've been racking my head about it for the last 3 months. I'm shocked to find that such a problem persists for so many years. Going to have to move back to clip studio I guess. Given their history I can't see this ever actually being solved for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with Wacom Intuos S and it's really annoying i did everything that people said to do and nothing :c 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely a thing for Adobe to 'fix' as Rebelle 6 has an option to show/hide cursor etc and it works fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I installed the demo of Rebelle to try it, in the future I would like to buy it but after 20/30 min that I use it closes by itself. Does this happen because it is a test demo or I have problems in my pc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this cursor discussion a bit absurd....since I opened the task, the same game happens every few weeks / months...Cursos is going crazy again.

The biggest problem I have with the cursor seems to be almost impossible to solve....only a dot as cursor instead of the crosshairs. You have to install a programme that makes it possible to switch to dot-only. (please imagine annoyed rolling eyes here:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crosshairs wouldn't be bad. But I get the regular white arrow. Which is totally worthless for drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just changing my entire cursor to a crosshair while drawing and changing back after.

I also tried both of my pc's... same issue. Might be an account thing cause it didn't do it at first. Adobe support is trash they don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... No solutions yet?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so ridiculous. Once I don't have the license through my university I'm saying goodbye to adobe and never looking back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry what programs would you use to replace photoshop and Fresco? I'm evaluating Rebelle 6 and corel painter 2023 (which costs a lot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... (and pen pressure not being recognized on top of that) I'm stunned that it goes on for so many years but I guess it was too good to be true, a free Adobe software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ginaj85852054_0-1680838123909.pngGo into Windows Ink > Additional Pen Settings to untoggle the box there. if it does not work then try the tablet software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the windows ink feature. Doesn't make a difference. It shouldn't either, because in every drawing tool I have (Inkscape, Photoshop, Sketchbook, Krita, etc) there is NO white mousepointer when you draw. Only in Fresco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @cryothic @dracogiraffa @dctanjoe @Don28878734xrjz @Torsten.H,

Thanks for your patience. The product team is aware of this problem in Fresco version 4.4 and is working on a fix for a future release.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently 4.7. Same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is end of July now and this problem is still not fixed, small indie company, what can I say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also would really enjoy the mouse cursor working and not go to default windows cursor. Not knowing the brush shize is really uncomfortable for drawing and especially masking. It works in Photoshop, why not in Fresco?

I would also like to submit a feature request where the vector brush layer masks would ALSO be a vector layer. Having the mask in a pixel layer defeats the purpose of having vector layers if you're looking to use the vector shape later in your workflow, for example in illustrator. How can i do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came on here hoping to find a solution to this problem, so really disappointed to see this issue has been rolling on for 3 1/2 years now...

For what it's worth:  I'm using a Kamvas Pro 13 GT-133, and when using Fresco the mouse cursor remains visible when using the pen, same as described above.  

All software and drivers are the most recent available.  I have a Dell mouse and keyboard and in addition to trying the solutions above, I have gone throught the Dell tool and MS Ease of Access settings to see if there is anything I've missed but no joy.

It's distracting and makes it difficult to see my pen strokes. Even more frustrating is the fact that I don't have this problem when using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.  Until this is solved, Fresco is unusable for me and I will have to find an alternative .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adobe I just started having this issue using my Wacom on Windows. It only started recently and I have tried anything and everything to fix the issue. 

How is this still an issue? @Anubhav Majumder The first reports of this date back to 2019 and still the issue persists. Should be giving a discount or something for not being able to use the Adobe suite without issues. Fresco is now unusable in its current state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm persistently having this problem on Windows 11 Pro, using a Xencelabs medium tablet (it also used to happen with my old Wacom Intuos 5). All of my drivers are up to date and it doesn't matter what settings I change within Fresco or Windows itself, the problem is not resolved. It's distracting to the point that I'm unable to consider using Fresco on the desktop, which is extremely annoying, as I'd like to use it seamlessly in conjunction with my iPad Pro. Here's a screenshot illustrating the fact that the mouse pointer is ALWAYS visible when trying to work on the Windows desktop: Clipboard01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I'm using version 4.7 of Fresco, updated today, 22nd June '23.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just updated, same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully updated Wacom drivers, fully updated Adobe Fresco (4.7), and still experiencing the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What Adobe said about this issue ? They gona fix it or not? They work on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, just found this topic from nearly 4 years ago!

It makes the app unusable imo. I am pretty sure it didn't do this the last time I tried it, as I didn't end up here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines