• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wish to be able to clear Recents on the Home tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest Creative Cloud, under 'home,' there are recent files. My suggestion is to add an option where these recent files can be cleared, similar to how they can be in Photoshop. I've spent 2+ hours on a support chat trying to rectify this, only to find out that it's not currently possible to clear the recents.

Idea No status
TOPICS
App installs and updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
41 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cobpdesign. Thanks for providing feedback.

Can you help me better understand why you're asking for this? Are you seeing an issue with the recent files being listed for you?

Any other feedback on the new Home tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like in Photoshop, or on my actual physical desk, I like a tidy, clean
workspace. That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cobpdesign 

there's no setting to do that. you can request that feature using:

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the context, @cobpdesign 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do IT companies think it's OK to foist things like a recent files list or "memories" or automated albums on users?  It is not OK.  By all means build the functionality if you think some users will like it, but there needs to be a simpe way to turn off the feature.

I do not want "recent" files showing when I open Adobe Creative Cloud.  I don't need them to show and I don't want them to show. Period.

Please provide an option to turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll tell you why @Kalvyn Rasquinha. Becuase when I opened up CC for work it pulled some spicy images I edited of my girlfriend to the recent tabs and thank god I wasn't sharing my screen or anything. Nevermind the fact I haven't touched those files in months, even if I just worked on them I want to be able to clear that so when I open the app to work in a public place I'm not showing her business to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to get rid of the recent files list on creative cloud desktop - i feel that it is stuffing me with things i dont want to see, thus that i have no control over my own app. I DID try to delete them, but next time i start up i see the same images sgain! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try clearing them in the apps that used them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @boxhorse can you provide more details? What filetypes are you seeing in your list of recent files that you don't want to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Creative Cloud's Home Page which shows recent files.

With clients that can be a problem as those files might relate to other clients or private files that I do not want them to see. But there is no option in the preferences to hide them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc deskop>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added an item to the roadmap to better handle this scenario. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just submitted a feature request for opening and deleting multiple recent files from the Home page. Thanks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-ideas/open-or-delete-multiple-recent-files-at-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a matter of privacy, ADOBE we should have the option choice to allow or not to allow the viewing of images in our recants view when opening the creative cloud app.

As in many instances you may have sensitive information or images that you are working on show up in the recants view pane, and if turn it is on, anyone would be able to view if you open the app giebnn how loarge onitors are now and PPL an easly view you monitor and see the resents view.   

ADOBE make a big song and dance about privacy but have no concern for its customers privacy given it cannot understand why PPL area asking for this option.

All it would take is the option to allow turn on or turn off the resents view, it not rockets science!.

How can ADOBE be so “naïve” as to why we are asking for the simple option to turn off the resents view in the desktop app. Hopefully ADOBE will have a LIGHT BULB MOMENET and fix this and provide the option to turn on or off the resents view in the APP?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ideas section of the Creative Cloud desktop board appears to be the correct place to post Ideas for Creative Cloud.

janee_0-1701540047471.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Spud30 are you looking to never have your recent files shown meaning you don't need to view your recent work? Or are you looking for a preference to not have it be visible when someone else is looking at the app? Would a list view work where there isn't a large tile with a rendition of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personaly I wouldn't call fixing up an idiotically stupid product functionality change to already working sofrware an "idea for Creative Cloud" but I suppose some might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak for @Spud30 but all I want is to be able to turn off all reference to recent files when I start the software.  If Adobe wanted to create an option for a list view of recent work (where there isn't a large tile with a rendition of the image), some people might like that, and that's fine.  But I simply want no reference at all to any recent file.  Which is how it was until not that long ago.  It was just such a stupid design decision to force people to have to see recent files wihtout any option to turn that off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kalvyn Rasquinha 

In addition the other reasons, here is yet another. Other Adobe apps allow us to control our Recents. I teach classes online and although I have nothing to hide, I do not want my personal files to be recorded or shown to people I do not know.

Instead of you asking us why we need to turn off Recents, we should be asking you why you are asking us that question!

Photoshop

Photoshop lets us clear the Recent File list from the File menu

janee_1-1701656345592.png

We can also disable the Home Screen or filter to something that does not exist

janee_2-1701656478507.png

InDesign

InDesign lets us change the number of Recents to zero in Preferences

janee_0-1701656186754.png

This also clears the Home Screen

Illustrator

Illustrator lets us change the number of Recents to zero in Preferences

janee_3-1701656785152.png

This also clears the Home Screen

Acrobat

Remove from Recent is on the Home Screen

janee_0-1701657928011.png

Excel and Access also let me clear my Recents before the start of class.

Please give us back control of what we choose to show to others and of what will be recorded during classes — or for whatever our individual reasons may be.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @jane-e . Looks like we need to think about the "screen sharing" scenario some more.

Couple more questions:

1. Between the Photoshop/Office option, InDesign/Illustrator option, and Acrobat option, is there a particular option you prefer?
  2. Do you happen to screenshare when using Google Drive/Docs, Sharepoint, Dropbox, etc.? How do you handle hiding your recent files in those apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Between the Photoshop/Office option, InDesign/Illustrator option, and Acrobat option, is there a particular option you prefer?
  2. Do you happen to screenshare when using Google Drive/Docs, Sharepoint, Dropbox, etc.? How do you handle hiding your recent files in those apps?

Hi @Kalvyn Rasquinha 

In the Creative Cloud Desktop App, my personal preference would be to set a Preference to 0-30 instead of clearing Recents. I would set it to zero so I wouldn't have to think about it when I take screenshots to help users on the forums or when teaching new users how to use the CC app.

I do not use Google Drive/Docs, Sharepoint, or Dropbox. I've been using Creative Cloud when I need to share files. I'm not sure if that will end on February 1, 2024 though. 😢

Thanks for listening!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like the ability to turn this off.

First, the recent file list is not showing my recently used files, as it does not show those stored on my computer.

Second, I have the recent files home screen turned off in every application and do not wish it forced on me in the CC application.

Third, I agree with the privacy concerns raised above, and privacy can also extend to NDA where the inability to turn off this function could result in images being disclosed inadvertently.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional feedback, @jane-e and @davescm . I've added a story for the next release (v6.2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for listening and responding Kalvyn 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate