Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every text I copy from Word has a hyphen in the middle of the words

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every text I copy from Word has a hyphen in the middle of the words

I always imported text from Word using the “copy and paste” function and they always came out ok, but for some time now, the text that I paste comes with problems, in the middle of words a “hyphen” appears, I changed it. I tried to fix the problem by going to the preference / clipboard treatment tab, activating the option to preserve the formatting of the pasted text, this solved it, but it caused another bigger problem, now the text compulsorily comes with the formatting that was in Word and that ends disturbing me even more, that is, I just wanted the text to be pasted again as it was before, without the problem of having a hyphen in the middle of the words.
The import file function wouldn't work for me.
I'm a Brazilian user and this text was translated using google translator.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the File > Place command instead of copy and paste. This is the preferred method of importing text into InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about to find this symbol and replace to nothing?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines