Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to change color margin

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am in the master page and would like to change the color inside the right margin only.

How to do this ?

margin color indesign.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

If I understand what you'd like to do — put a color on the right side of the page — I'd do this:

1. Get your Rectangle tool.
  2. Click-drag to draw a rectangle that covers the area you want to color along the right margin.
  3. Go to your Color panel and pick the color you want to fill the rectangle with.
  4. Apply it to fill your selected rectangle.
  5. Get your black Arrow/Selection tool. Click the colored rectangle and adjust edges to fit precisely.

If you're creating a document with multiple pages, doing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understand what you'd like to do — put a color on the right side of the page — I'd do this:

1. Get your Rectangle tool.
  2. Click-drag to draw a rectangle that covers the area you want to color along the right margin.
  3. Go to your Color panel and pick the color you want to fill the rectangle with.
  4. Apply it to fill your selected rectangle.
  5. Get your black Arrow/Selection tool. Click the colored rectangle and adjust edges to fit precisely.

If you're creating a document with multiple pages, doing it once on your Parent page will apply it to every child page in your document based on that Parent page. If you're doing it for just one page, applying it to the document page would be fine.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines