• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign on Sonoma

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried Indesign on MacOS Sonoma?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @100pk,

Thank you for reaching out. We're currently in the process of testing and optimizing our latest apps to run on macOS 14 Sonoma. We recommend that you check the system requirements of InDesign for the latest information on compatibility with operating systems and hardware. For more details, please check this page

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problems are you having? AFAIK, almost every major issue affecting InDesign was fixed with 14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, InDesign runs smoothly on Sonoma; Sonoma ‘feels’ smoother than Ventura too.

But one issue still remains (I had it with Ventura too): strange graphic glitches when switching between Normal and Preview mode:Glitches.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off GPU Performance. That "feature" has been a wonky mess since it was released.

There's one that is truly on Adobe to fix and they haven't done a very good job of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that the problems were not solved yet. Also Adobe is not mentioning MacOS Sonoma on their requirements pages. Since I'm in the middle of a production phase I did not wanted to try this out.

But I assume now every mentioned problem is solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My standard advice: If you don't have a test machine, then make a full system backup before updating. Sonoma is now up to version 14.4.

Edit: Just to clarify that, you should make a full back up anyway but don't update if your test machine is showing issues that can't be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess. It’s insane. Paying a fortune in Adobe subs — and can’t use the rulers in Indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, as pointed out countless times, that was a workaround for an Apple bug. Secondly, as also pointed out countless times, Apple fixed that with 14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the slow down on opening and closing documents. I tried all of the fixes you and others suggested, Bob, and even updated to Sonoma 14.4, just released. Don't know what the issue is. Maybe it's something wrong with my system. Anyway. Thanks for your continued assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs? Processor, RAM, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio 2023, M2 Ultra, 64gb ram, 2tb harddrive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that should certainly work. Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir. That was one of the first things I tried. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I've about given up that this is how things are going to be. I thought it might be related to old plug ins from FontXplorer, but they never got installed for the newer versions of IND. i disabled them anyway with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a distinction between problems which you experience when using a particular OS, and problems which are caused by the OS.

The great majority of Sonoma 14.5.x users are not having problems at all, including me.

Computer problems can be caused by many other issues, regardless of OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, this issue was related to rogue file associated with a font manager app I had tried and decided not to use.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/indesign-is-slowing-down-while-open-documents-in...

I searched and found all the files related to that app, and since then it's been smooth sailing (knock on wood). We had to dig into the acivity manager threads to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Indesign is missing required system fonts or CMap files." error occurs on Sonoma! I have tried reinstalling and removing old Indesign application files, but nothing happens. Please advise as I have an InDesign class to teach from my computer this week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Indesign is missing required system fonts or CMap files." error occurs on Sonoma! I have tried reinstalling and removing old Indesign application files, but nothing happens. Please advise as I have an InDesign class to teach from my computer this week!

By @Negin27279202gov7

Just to confirm: are you on the latest Sonoma, macOS 14.5.x?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's Sonoma 14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, here's another thread on this error, which suggests to run Adobe CC Cleaner Tool:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/missing-required-system-fonts-or-cmap-files/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the CC Cleaner Tool and reinstall InDesign. See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/missing-required-system-fonts-or-cmap-files/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leo: We posted the same solution 38 seconds apart!~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leo: We posted the same solution 38 seconds apart!~

By @Steve Werner

Oh yeah we can be fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mojoprime: Worth trying but it dates to 2005 in CS2 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you're right. i should have looked closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines