• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign prerelease v16.3 taking lot of time to boot on M1 & Intel based Mac

Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this thing that's been happening on Intel chips and now Apple chips where Id takes minutes to boot after quiting/force-quiting it earlier, sometimes finally opening after 3 – 5 tried, and other times never opening and requiring a complete computer reboot?

Is there a solution to this or is this the price of admission?

(Mac mini M1; 16 GB RAM; Id Prerelease 16.3).

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about your trouble. We have recently released an update for InDesign 2021 (v16.3.2), which contains some stability fixes. We recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Let us know if you need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using it for a few days. But this has been a long-standing issue that went back into Intel chip days, so I doubt it will be corrected.

But I'll keep you up to-date and hopefully you never hear from me again on this. ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Monterey 12.0 Beta (21A5294g) now, with version 16.3.2.151 of Id. But this has been happening for years in pretty much the exact way you see it happening in the video attached. At this point I have to reboot or log out.

Bonus: With the versions above for the OS and Id, I will leave my Mac for a period, the screensaver will come on, and when I return, pretty much everytime, Id will have quit without warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would suggest you to roll back to macOS v11.5.1 Big Sur and see how it performs there. Also, after rolling back to Big Sur, if you encounter slow performance in InDesign, please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title rename is misleading. It SOMETIMES takes a long time to boot, and it also happened on Intel Mac machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign beta won’t launch. Or rather, it will, but only to display an error message, then quit.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 5.18.48 PM.png

Beta is version 16.3.0.5

Current version is 16.3.2.151

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Scott Falkner,

Sorry for the delayed response. This message is shown when the beta is expired. You may download the current version, i.e., v16.3.2, or you may download the new beta version from the Creative Cloud app under the Beta Apps section. If you want to use only this beta version, could you please tell us the reason for it? It will help us understand and assist you accordingly.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines