Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic: 13.3 synchronization changes collection names

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The 13.3 version added thousands of old images that were deleted in the cloud for years. That was easy to clean but took me half a day. The main problem I have now is collection names are being switched by synchronization. Exemple to clarify :

On LrC 13.3 I have a "master collection" called "Shooting 1", inside I have a collection called "Bad" (not keepers) and another one called "Shooting one" (keepers). Same for a second shooting. So my collection tree is LrC is :

* Shooting 1

- Bad (1000)

- Shooting 1 (100)

* Shooting 2

- Bad (2000)

- Shooting 2 (200)

After installation of 13.3 my tree is :

* Shooting 1

- Bad (1000)

- Shooting 2 (100)

* Shooting 2

- Bad (2000)

- Shooting 1 (200)

And it doest that with my full synchronized catalog containing around 60 collections. So when showing files to customer on an iPad, the images collection holds another customers name.... It is the synchronization that changes the name of the collection in LrC 13.3

I have tried to unsynchronize everything down to 0 file on the cloud, but it keeps switching collection names everytime I restart synchronization.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

I can reproduce this.

@Rick Spaulding -  bug number LRD-4216993 needs adding to internal notes. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've already cleared out the cloud, it's probably worth going all the way. In the web interface, click your avatar top right > Account Info > Delete Lightroom Library. 

Then try adding some collections back to sync and see if that solves it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Version Number 13.3 Operating System Windows 11
I have found multiple examples of Collection names in my catalog being misnamed. The contents belong in the set of collections where it's located, but somehow the name of a completely different collection name has replaced the proper one. One I'd call random, maybe user error. But I'm over a half dozen now. I also posted to LR Queen forum and got others saying they experienced the same. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lrc-13-3-collection-corruption.50319/#post-1334491

Possibly related, when I did the update, the sync would not complete and I couldn't kick it loose with the new tools. So I purged the cloud side of the content and let it start from scratch. PITA since I have 47k images in the cloud in who knows how many collections and EACH one of them had to be reselected for sync manually.

LRc 13.3 Version 125.0.6422.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Win 11
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
OS build 22631.3593

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update I got a total mess with synced collection names and their content

For example (simplified) I have 3 collections: Veronica, Daria and Andrew and now I have Andrew's photos in Daria collection, Daria's photos in Veronica colleection and Veronica photos in Andrew collection.

But in realty at least 50 collection names and content is totally messed by some random pattern of swapping collections names and content. I try to fix it manually but some collection names swapped again randomly at a minute or even few seconts after renaming and mess continues. 

This update declared as a fix for sync issues but makes the sync much worse and destroyed my collections structure.

How can I stop this random renaming process? Any suggestions?

UPD - and I got a "Sync Error" message again
UPD 2 - there are 5 images in All Sync Errors collection and none of them was synced or present in All Synced Photographs collection
UPD 3 - Adobe Support Chat replayed with sone pointless roboanswers and "Sorry for the delay. We’re busier than expected. Thank you for your patience..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the article available at the link below.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/troubleshoot-sync-with-classic/ 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there is nothing about my issue in this article

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography@Rick Spaulding - , please merge with this thread where two others report similar symptoms:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lrc-13-3-synchronization-changes-collec...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue – the total mess of collection names.
I unsynced everything – 50,000+ images in 50+ collections, fixed all collection names by hand, and tried again with just four collections. Three of the four collection names were swapped again. It looks like it's a bug on Adobe's servers that should be fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 13.3.1, on Windows Laptop system info in my signature below. I am away from home on vacation for two months and I powered off my iMac which cannot be updated beyond macOS Big Sur and LrC 12, the computer is powered off. 
A few days ago I decided to sync the Laptop that I was using with a copy of the images and LrC Catalog version 13.3 since October 2023 with sync in pause mode. I got the sync completed by the following day and there was no Sync Error showing in the Catalog section.

Yesterday I was clearing up some collections issues where there were zero images in my iPad. 
I now have multiple Collections on my iPad showing wrong images, really weird!

Examples:

Collection- Beach scene- displays images from Golf Course;

Collection- Birds and Animals- displays images from Flowering Trees;

Collection- BishopJasonGordonSP- displays images from Flowers;

Collection- Carnation/Svelty (Golf tournament) displays images from Beach scene;

Collection- Dick & Madeline- collection duplicated;

Collection- Flowering trees- displays images from BishopJasonGordonSP;

Collection- Flowers- displaying images from Dick & Madeline;

l have not gone through all of my Collections, there are over 150 and total synced images over 9,000.

The laptop display the correct images in the Collections.

Need help sorting this out.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a diagnostic report should I just attach the zip file in the thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I decided to sync the Laptop that I was using with a copy of the images and LrC Catalog version 13.3 since October 2023 with sync in pause mode. I got the sync completed by the following day and there was no Sync Error showing in the Catalog section.

Need help sorting this out.

By @DdeGannes

This sounds consistent with you having switched your synced catalogue from the catalogue on the iMac to the catalogue on  the laptop. As Adobe's sync now thinks a different catalogue file is in control, Adobe's sync is removing from the cloud anything synced from iMac-catalogue and uploading photos you're syncing from laptop-catalogue.

In other words, you sync a single catalogue file, and syncing a different catalogue file will clear anything from the first. There is a warning first.

Does this sound like what you may have done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot recall any warning coming up however the Catalog file on the Laptop would have been upgraded from a Catalog 12 to a Catalog 13.3.1 before I started the sync process.

To be clear the images are displayed correctly in LrC Collections but the are displayed incorrectly in Lr on iPad and Lr Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update to Lightroom 13.3.1 all collections are mixed up. Photo's are in a different colelction they do not belong to. I am now manually try to put them back under their original name. There is constatnly the warning there is a sync issue. I never had a problem, this update has not been any advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the thread below describing similar issues.

LrC 13.3 synchronization changes collection names - Adobe Community - 14654625

And the one below

all collections are mixed up - Adobe Community - 14672468

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds consistent with you having switched your synced catalogue from the catalogue on the iMac to the catalogue on  the laptop. As Adobe's sync now thinks a different catalogue file is in control, Adobe's sync is removing from the cloud anything synced from iMac-catalogue and uploading photos you're syncing from laptop-catalogue.

In other words, you sync a single catalogue file, and syncing a different catalogue file will clear anything from the first. There is a warning first.

By @john beardsworth

It's not supposed to work that way, John. If a user switches sync from one LrC catalog to another nothing is supposed to be deleted from the cloud, and the new sync catalog gets all the existing cloud contents downloaded into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not supposed to work that way, John. If a user switches sync from one LrC catalog to another nothing is supposed to be deleted from the cloud, and the new sync catalog gets all the existing cloud contents downloaded into it.

By @Jim Wilde

You are of course right, Jim. It's not something I practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue in my case the LrC 13.3.1 Collections have the correct images however the sync to Lr Mobile and Lr Web show a different Album name.

e.g LrC 13.3.1 Collection Beach scene and another one Carnation/Svelty (golf tournament} and they both have the appropriate images.

In Lr Mobile and Web the Beach scene Album contains the Carnation/Svelty images and the Carnation/Svelty Album contains the Beach scene images.

Same thing with Collections named Birds & Animals and Flowering Trees quite comical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here. It keeps mixing up the collections. I renamed all my collections but over 15 min again many pictures suddenly are in the wrong collection. It drives me nuts. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly the same; unsynced everything than manullay corrceted it and after 15 min many collections have a different name again. Summer pictures are in the winter collection are mixed with cities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pieter Kappetein , As a matter of interest, are you changing the Album Name in Lr Mobile or the Collection name in LrC., when trying to correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pieter Kappetein , I got my issue with my LrC synced Collections showing up in incorrectly named Albums in LrM.

I opened a Chat on the Adobe Help and after a short Chat with an agent I recommend that I would try the following, delete the Album on my iPad not the images, then re-synced the Collection one by one. He agreed and I proceed, things went smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got my issue with synced images from LrC Collections to LrM Albums on my iPad with the wrong name in the Album rectified. 

I started a Chat with an agent on the Adobe help on line after describing the issue I eventually recommended that I would like to try deleting the Album from LrM not the images and then re-sync the Collections from LrC one by one, he agreed. The process completed without any problem and did not take very long since the smart previews were already uploaded.

I am working on this new sync procedure for three days so it's a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I right in thinking that everyone seeing mangled collections had purged the cloud since 13.3's release?

Votes

Translate

Translate