• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable auto advance to next image in Auto Import mode

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a solution to disable the auto advance to next photo when using auto import.

I want to use this for event photography workflow but if my assitant is doing a quick crop or adjustment before printing if I take another photo it auto opens that photos so that he/she has to go back to the one they were working on - bloody annoying and imposssible if you have a queue of guests who want prints quickly.

I used to use Picassa for this which worked perfectly

Please help anyone.

PS I know you can disable in tether mode but this is not what I am talking about - thanks in advance

james

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 20 programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies in Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck the option Preferences > General > Select The Current/Previous Import Collection During Import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply 

but that doesn't work I tried already

I saw that setting and it relates to tethered shooting direct into LR

have you done what you suggest successfully 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That option applies to File > Import Photos and to > Auto Import, but I forgot about an annoying glitch: If the current source (folder or collection) is the destination of auto-imported photos, then LR changes the currently selected photo to the new auto-imported photo. 

The inconvenient workaround is to first move the photo you want to edit into another folder or add it to the Quick Collection before editing it.

Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-could-we-have-the-disable-a...

and be sure to click the Vote button at the top left and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines