• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12.2.1 not responding at all

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  noticed last week that Lightroom being very slow a couple of minutes into using it, to the point where it loaded then it stops responding and I am not able to actually do anything. The cursor spins and it says Lightroom not responding up in the top left bar. I've waited several minutes for it to respond but it doesn't.
I thought it was a problem with Lightroom so I uninstalled everything, other Adobe products and creative cloud and reinstalled creative cloud and only installed Lightroom again so far. I've used a new, empty catalog with no images whatsoever, and this works fine. When I load my usual catalog, this is when it freezes. I do not believe however this is to do with the catalog itself, in particular since I one of many with this problem. 

To try and sort this I have removed the metrics.json file. I have also updated the Nvidia driver (Studio Driver). I uninstalled all Adobe products and CC then installed CC and Lightroom again. I have also reset the preferences. I am still getting the same problem. 

I have attached the system info log. The library path in the log shows the path to the new, empty catalog, as I am not able to get the log when using my usual catalog as Lightroom is completely unresponsive. 

Lightroom at the moment is not responding, and it is completely unusable.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had help from an Adobe assistant and this issue now seems resolved. I'm slightly embarrased because I had not updated the Dell drivers for a little while, so this is what he did for me and all seems to be working fine. Perhaps this can help others too, ensuring absolutely all drivers etc are updated, it's definately something else to add to the trouble shooting steps for this particular issue. 

I'd like to close this as completed, but I don't know that there is an option for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines