• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Importing RAW Files From Existing Catalog

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to share some DNG images from my Lightroom Classic Catalog with someone else. We are both on the current version of Lightroom Classic, 8.0. I export the images as a Catalog and he then imports them into his Catalog. We have done this hundreds of times but it has stopped working. When he tries to import the images Lightroom says there are no new photos. We have checked and these are definitely new photos, they aren't in his Catalog. Attached is a screenshot of the import screen on his computer.

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 2.46.24 PM.png

In the past he just had to click import and Lightroom would do it without issue. To complicate matters we tried exporting a catalog of PNG files and it worked fine. We have tried exporting catalogs from s third computer to see if it is an issue with one of our machines and the catalog we exported with JPEG images worked find and the catalog we exported with RAW files wouldn't import. Seems to be an issue in Lightroom and with RAW files only.

Thanks!

Noah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

roszczipkaSeems to be an issue in Lightroom and with RAW files only.

I'm not sure that is the only possible conclusion here.

I think that maybe these files have been imported previously via Import from Another Catalog, and they were accidentally put into another folder, which is why when you search, you don't find them. Please do this search, on the other person's computer, in Lightroom. Do all four steps in order (do not leave out any steps).

1. In the Library Module, click on All Photographs
  2. Turn of

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

roszczipkaSeems to be an issue in Lightroom and with RAW files only.

I'm not sure that is the only possible conclusion here.

I think that maybe these files have been imported previously via Import from Another Catalog, and they were accidentally put into another folder, which is why when you search, you don't find them. Please do this search, on the other person's computer, in Lightroom. Do all four steps in order (do not leave out any steps).

1. In the Library Module, click on All Photographs
  2. Turn off filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Do a search for one of these photos by file name, using the Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a genius and my coworker, and myself, are grateful for the assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines