Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P:(Masking) Permanently toggle off gradient overlay and permanently invert radial gradient

2 Votes
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed new Lightroom version 11.0.

When I draw a radial gradiant, the red overlay is now on the inside of the gradient every single time. In previous versions of Lightroom, by default the changes made to the radial gradient were on the outside, or at least, Lightroom would remember the last radial gradient you drew and the next one you would draw would be either inverted or not depending on the previous one you drew. Lightroom no longer remembers the last gradient you drew. I mostly make changes to the outside of the radial gradient, so now every time I draw one I have to invert it. Or is there a way to make it behave like it did before?

Another irritation is the red tool overlays are now always on when you draw them. In previous versions, the tools would remember if you had the overlay turned on the last time you used it. Or you could hover your mouse over the pin to display the overlay. Is there a way to make this behave like it did in the past so that it doesn't automatically show the red overlay every single time? When it displays the overlay I can't see the changes the brush or gradient is applying. I'd rather see my settings being applied so I can tell if it's the desired effect I want. 

I know there are keyboard shortcuts to quickly toggle these things but now I have to do it on hundreds of images over and over. Before I didn't. So this is adding thousads of keystrokes to my workflow. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck the Show Overlay option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Another irritation is the red tool overlays are now always on when you draw them. In previous versions, the tools would remember if you had the overlay turned on the last time you used it."

With the mask tool open, uncheck the menu item Tools > Automatically Toggle Overlay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"now every time I draw one I have to invert it. Or is there a way to make it behave like it did before?"

I don't think so, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography , please move this to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I have a headache. It was good and simple, now it is difficult and unnecessary. There is Photoshop for this kind of complex processing, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify, otherwise your comment comes off as rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to this post and my clip didnt get uploaded.  It is not difficult and unnecessary and is better and still simple.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 12.36.51 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

100% agree about the Invert check box with radial gradients.  I finally found the "Reset Sliders Automatically" box and unchecked that so at least I can now do the same sort of edit to successive pictures but it is annoying that I have to click a box to invert the radial gradient every single picture.  I wish that was tied to the "Reset Sliders" check box and thus stayed the way it was last set.

Hopefully this will come in a bug fix!  Seems simple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines