Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Dutch localization issue Desktop

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While working with Lightroom (Cloud-based) I see under the versions of my picture an indicator on what device the picture at that stage was edited. Here I found a common made mistake in localizing from English to Dutch. Here is Desktop translated as Bureaublad (what is the literal translation). For us this means the main screen of your computer with all the icons etc. or the top panel of your desk and it doesn't describe the computer (device) itself. The correct translation would be either just the same as in English Desktop or another option would be Computer. Many words in the Dutch languages are borrowed from the English language and mainly when it comes to computers 😄.

Screenshot of where this issue is located:

Lightroom - Dutch Localization Issue.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention the versions etc:

Lightroom (macOS): 5.0

Lightroom (iOS): 7.0.2

Lightroom (iPadOS): 7.0.2

Lightroom (web): MAX 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App or your respective App Store. 

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update available.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

For Mobile downloads, it may take several days for the update to appear in your respective App Stores.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

Thank you for your message, I've checked all the apps but it still shows Bureaublad everywhere where it should be either Desktop or Computer.

Ligthroom (macOS): 5.2

Lightroom (iOS): 7.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the original bug, it looks like it was fixed in some places but yet to be fixed in others. Right now the remaining locations are to be fixed in the next update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk,

I just checked it on both my iPhone and Mac, but they still show Bureaublad instead of Computer or Desktop.

Lightroom versions:

iOS: 7.4.0

macOS: 5.4 (Mac App Store)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sissing 

I moved your note here to the original thread you started regarding the word "Bureaublad"

I hate to trouble you, but to ensure we're looking at the same places in the app, could you share screenshots where you are still seeing this poor translation?  The bug for the desktop app is marked closed and fixed, and I wonder if we missed a location where the old term is displayed in the app.  Also, a screenshot for iOS would help too.

Thank you,

Charlie

CC: @Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again @Sissing 

You mentioned you are still seeing "Bureaublad" in the LR app?  If convenient, could you share screenshots for LR desktop? Is this still in the album sharing view? Or some other location?

Thanks to your message, we were able to identify this string in LR iOS, and you should see "Desktop" instead in the next release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Charlie.D, here you find the screenshots for both iOS (7.4.1) and macOS (5.4):

IMG_7064.PNG

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-16 om 10.13.40.png

As you can see, it still says everywhere Bureaublad instead of Desktop or Computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate