• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (MS App Store Version) Message: Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently subscribed to Lightroom and am being met with this error message upon trying to import any images.

'Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.'

I've seen 2 other posts on here of the same issue but the solutions posted there didn't work.

I'm using windows 10, imported the files from my SD card to my hard drive. I am then trying to import to lightroom from my hard drive.

Thanks in advance

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

If you are seeing this error and had downloaded Lightroom from the Microsoft Store, please try installing Lightroom from https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html instead. 

For others, I wonder if you could be running low on disk space? We should be giving proper messaging if so, but that's the current theory I'm trying to run down. You can tell Lightroom to take up less space locally by going to Edit > Preferences > Local Storage and reducing the "photo cache size"LocalStorage.png

I'd appreciat

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 203 Replies 203
202 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with the same thing right now. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also struggling with the same issue!! Only allowed me to download 6 photos out of the 300 I needed too and won't upload the rest! Any ideas?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting this error. Help please!

Lorelei5C73_0-1632582714146.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue! It only allows me to upload 6 images at a time and then I get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I think it might be a software problem. We all py that much for use these programms and still there is no solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same really need this fixed it's affecting my workflow, and making the editing process longer 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! Only able to import 6-ish photos of 800 then it stops "unable to copy".  Anyone have an answer that worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hallo

ich habe seit heute das gleiche problem. konntest du den fehler beheben? wie denn? finde keine antworten...

lg rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  It's unusable and yet I'm paying a fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem...😌

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, no solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the situation has now escalated to the point where my computer will no longer boot.

I have uninstalled the program, restarted the PC, installed the program, restarted the PC, waited 5 minutes, then it worked. After work I shut down the PC again and now it won't boot up. Since I use the computer almost exclusively for image editing, another cause of the problem is ruled out. I find it impossible how a paying customer is left alone with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My lightroom desktop software (version 4.4) suddenly stopped allowing me to upload photos (only some, which was odd). I researced problem solving solutions and tried resetting my lightroom by holing ALT + Shift while I opened it back up. Once it opened back up it allowed me to upload a couple photos until the same issue happened again. A pop-up window shows a message saying "unable to copy file". I reset lightroom 3 different times to see if this was the case everytime, and it was. Therefore, after I reset lightroom I am able to upload maybe 1-6 photos until it requires me to reset all over again. Up until today I have been able to upload hundreds of photos at a time. I am stuck on what to do now. Can anybody help with this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like there is a lot of people having trouble with Lightroom right now? Could it be to actual Lightroom app itself that's playing up? I can't add any photos to my loghtroom

on computer but I can add them from my phone through Dropbox but it just takes so much longer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. this is beyond frustrating. Clearly this is an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! Obviously going on since at least July and nothing from Adobe.

Only feedback I've had from photography groups is that they've switched to Lightroom Classic. But it didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is working on my end...SD card, Dropbox, Drive...nothing...just a waste 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have tried to download the pictures to my computer, external hd, phone, google cloud, all of it. Nothing works. Out of 1300 photos from this weekend I have 6 were able to get imported to Lightroom. After having many issues with this program I am looking for other options and willing to pay for one that actually works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem like all of you using windows. Anyone find a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a mass issue. I, like many others, have done nothing different in terms of my upload & no device changes yet cannot upload simple JPEGS. As photographers, time is crucial & I have spent/wasted all day trying to remedy this ridiculous malfinction. Is there anything being done about this?? I am getting the same error as everyone else but have been deleting the few that WILL upload just to test which will & will not & every time it's different. Ones that didn't upload prior now will, and ones that would before, now won't. It's clearly not the photos. The constant here is Lightroom. We pay for this, & many of us rely on this app for our jobs; it's absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me today! The last time i imported photos just like i have always done was in early september, and this whole not able to copy photos just happened today!....but after trying to rename all the files thinking it was something with the files and wasnt working any way...I uninstalled lightroom from my computer (i use windows) and installed lightroom again from the website and thankfully it worked and my photos imported like usual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the Lightroom Preferences>Local Storage tab?

It may be that there's a space issue on the drive where Lightroom initially stores imported pictures pending their upload to the cloud. The screenshot should help us figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried contacting customer service with no luck.  The person on the chat was not helpful.  He said to make sure I have run all of the updates available.  It says everything is up to date...  I'm at a loss.  So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone on this thread still experiencing this issue we would like to collect a diagnostic log from you.

Restart your computer

Open Lightroom and attempt an import that fails

Create log

For LrDesktop

Go to Preferences

Account Section

Hold down the [Opt/Alt] key to make [Diagnostic Log] button appear. 

When you have your log ready, direct message me via the forum.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to help. But unfortunately I can't get my PC to start since my last attempt at the recommended way (reinstalling the program and so on).

Votes

Translate

Translate