• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Keyboard Shortcut customization

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enjoying the new CC for the most part, but one of the concerns I've got so far is that some of my most-used keyboard shortcuts have been changed.

For instance, I used to quickly cruise through new imports and use the Pick flag shortcut to find my selects. This used to be a very intuitive key—P—but in LR CC it's now...Z. And there's no way that I've found to change it back.

Could we please have configurable keyboard shortcuts? Or at least some sort of legacy mode so our muscle memory is still effective in the new environment?

Idea Declined
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography Could you provide any guidance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark.Dahm 

This thread migrated from the previous Sprinklr forum at feedback.photoshop.com, where this request was reviewed by Product Management and was marked as "Not Planned". When the forum was migrated, that was mapped to "Declined". That is perhaps a poorer word but nonetheless conveys the meaning. 

At this point, I am unaware of a plan to harmonize KBSCs between Applications. No matter which app is chosen as canon, the users of other apps will not be satisfied.  Photoshop/Camera Raw/Lightroom Classic/Lightroom Desktop and Lightroom Mobile (tablet with an attached keyboard) would all have to be considered. 

This remains a feature request that needs more votes and justification for such a shift. 

My recommendation to @mlphoto.raw  is to vote and comment if you are affected. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. 

I too use Lightroom Mobile, with keyboard attached sometimes, and there still isn't a way to adjust exposure or any of the sliders via key press.
Which for a casual user, to use their fingers to move sliders around on one or two images is fine, but as soon as you add hundreds/thousands of images, its extremely inconsistent. 

Yes LrClassic exist for that, but since I leave my main computer with LrClassic with ~100TB of photos at home, and while working abroad, use Lightroom mobile/CC with sync'd catalog to cull/edit, this change would boost my productivity considerably. Currently I only use mobile/CC for culling. Which is a missed opportunity. 

Again thanks for the official answer, perhaps other photographers who manage their image catalog wholly within the Adobe ecosystem will chime in and have similar difficulties. But I get a feeling most will download Lr Mobile or CC on their laptop & phone, and just give up and uninstall before voting, because of its non-cohesive shortcuts and UI to its Classic counterpart.

ps. Photoshop is beginning to implement a lot of the simple UI behavior such as double clicking on a slider will snap the adjustment to center, which was originally in LrC first. Additionally Adobe could appease dissatisfied customers of other platforms by harmonizing the KBSC, could just allow them to re-map their KBSC like Photoshop with their preferred buttons, if it were an option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After diving down a rabbit hole about translatedstring files it seems there is no direct way or workaround to create or change existing Lightroom shortcuts. It seems like it was/is a feature in the classic version but only on mac and I would love to see this option on the cloud version of lightroom for both windows and mac

Votes

Translate

Translate