• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pulling my hair out trying to get the version with generative fill. What finally worked for me was going to "help" in the top right of the beta version program itself (I had m.2174), then to "updates..." This gave me the error message "Adobe Updater - Updates have been disabled for this machine. Please contact your administrator"

I then used the steps in this old post, which fixed the issue for me: https://www.doncaprio.com/fix-updates-suppressed-administrator-adobe-products/

I hope this helps someone on this forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting my birthday into Behance also worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill unavailable?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill unavailable?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all the steps you describe. I have also uninstalled the beta now 4 times to try again. I have rebooted computer during this. I have the proper version, the exact numbers: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181. Generative Fill has a grey box below the image. Yes, I selected a part of the image, but the box is greyed out. Generative Fill does not exist under Edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if I am doing it correct, although I watched the tutorial videos. However everytime I select a part of my image for it to generate something, it says that Generative fill is not availble and wont let me type anything in. I have tried mutiple images with no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute legend, thank you so much! worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jonah Weiss could you share a screenshot of the error or message you are seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently experienced an issue where the Generative Fill feature was grayed out in Photoshop. After some investigation, I speculated that my age verification may have been the cause of this problem. However, upon attempting to verify my age, I was unable to locate the age prompt on both Behance and my Adobe account. I'm using an M1 Mac Mini.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!! I had the same problem, I suspected it was an age issue but couldn't find where to add my age to my Adobe profile, signing up to Behance worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue, upon attempting to verify my age, I am unable to locate the age prompt on both Behance and my Adobe account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is no longer grayed out after I logged out from Behance and signed up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me and tell me why my "Generate Fill" option is blocked? It appears but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still grayed out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious @Hussain5C08, did you have any assets in your Behance account?  Did you sign out and then create a NEW Behance account?  What were the screens or prompts when you did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die Funktion Generative Füllung ist ausgegraut und zeigt den oben genannten Fehler 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mateus Zambruno Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ron300489580b9p Why is the Generative Fill button not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactly the issue!  Soooo frustrating when it would just say "Generative Fill not currently available at this time" or somesuch.  Re-installed, tried it on various types of image files...  This was the only thing that worked.

Thanks a LOT.  I hope this is something that can be addressed at least with an informative warning.  I was never asked to input age when I got my Adobe account set up.  No real interest in Behance, actually, but signing up for it was the only way to get my age in there, I guess.  You have to be over 18 to use Generative Fill!  Pass it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert No, my Behance account is empty at the moment. Also, I signed out and then logged back in again just normaly, but I got the same normal homepage screen with no prompts asking me for my age. However, the feature is now working just fine.

Thanks,
Hussain 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  All I did to fix it is go to the Creative Cloud App and hit "Check for Updates" After that it showed the latest PS Beta version and its a matter of updating the the software.

I ran it and tested, its all running well now

Running on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate