• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Defne30422881ofkk that is odd.

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. Generative fill greyed out and currently not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop beta is up to date yet it is not allowing me to access my generative fill. It is grayed out no matter what I do. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to type something in the bar for ai thing i can't it keeps telling me that I don't have 18 years anyone knows how to fix this? heres a pic what it says

neanja305076703e4f_0-1686771649882.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also im perfectly sure i have put my years on the birthday date so I don't have a clue why it won't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also im perfectly sure i have put my years on the birthday date so I don't have a clue why it won't work @neanja305076703e4f 

Check the thread. You have plenty of advice how to handle this. It's having a "wrong" age information in the Adobe ID database. Generative AI can't be used for anyone being underage. To correct this, you need to do as shown here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html#generative-fill-greyed-out

If you have the correct age information, contact Adobe customer care. 

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Click "Check for Updates" in the Beta apps section of the Creative Cloud desktop app to check if there's a new Photoshop (beta) app build available and update to build m.2196 or later.  
  • Sign out and sign back into the Creative Cloud Desktop and Photoshop (beta) apps.
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first logged into Behance in 2018 so can't remember if it asked for a date of birth.  However the option to add a date of birth to my profile is not there.  I'm worried that if this is happening in beta it may carry over to the main prog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to follow the procedure. Follow the procedure, and you can enter you DOB!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the procedure. I actually followed the procedure a while back with no luck.  I do not sign into my account using a social account, only my adobe account and I have updated the beta with every release in the hope that this would fix it.  Alas it has not and I can't find an option to enter my DOB! But thankyou for the advice, I see a lot of people are having the problem, hence my concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matt30088145ic38 

I realize there are 725 replies in this merged thread so information is close to impossible to find. Here is something else to try:

Contact Adobe Customer Care by Chat or by Twitter. Try the link to auto-open the Chat:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  
Type "agent" 

If your browser blocks the Chat window, try the troubleshooting tips here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can send a tweet to @AdobeCare.

Do not reply to PMs, which are likely to be scammers.

Be sure you are using the latest Beta:

Adobe Photoshop Beta Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 12.46.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected the part on my picture that i want to generate in but still, the button for it to acutally generate is greyed out. If the issues is already resolved please report back with the fix. I tried everything i could imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative Fill button is not available. I tried to close and re-open photoshop beta and tried to open another image but generative fill button is gray and not clickable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use Photoshop Beta but it has a pop up that tells me I'm not old enough. However am definitely over legal age.

Where can I check this and have it adjusted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have posted in the Photoshop Elements forum.  Take a look at this post in the Photoshop Beta forum.  It should answer your question.  But if it doesn't, I am moving your post to the correct discussion forum.

Edit:  Post link has been corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do firefly AI Support with adobe photoshop 2023?

please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-generative-fill-button-greyed-out-age/idc-p/138...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/age-restriction-warning-for-generative-fil...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Juan Cruz5F9C 

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no FireFly suppoert for Photoshop 2023. It's only available in Photoshop Beta (24.7).

If your are a subscriber you can install the Beta from the CC Desktop Client.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Photoshop beta, the second I try to use the AI tool it comes up with an error saying I am under 18. I am 30, and under my user account I can find no fields where I can change my DOB, I have looked through everything.

When I click on the support 'speak to a real person' button, it simply redirects to the top of the page and I end up in an infinite loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me on a CMYK image. When I changed the image to RGB it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was due to the fact the Image > Mode was greyscale and not RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Same issue from my side too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVe4pGRKd28&t=1087s

So wie in dem Video zu sehen kann ich leider kein weiterer Bild auswählen / importieren. Funktion ist ausgegraut.

Hat jemand eine Ahnung warum?

Version : Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.7.0 20230622.m.2215 26ae038 x64

Generative Füllung: funktioniert hingegen .. für mich zur Zeit aber nicht brauchbar

Votes

Translate

Translate