• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 24.1 - Where has Delete and Fill context menu gone?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated photo shop today two version 24.1 and I have noticed delete and fill has been removed. This is really disheartening because it works so much better than content aware fill. Normally you can right click on the selection to access this, but I have looked through all the menus and have not found it since this update.

Captura de tela 2022-12-14 111312.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Delete and Fill  is back with v24.1.1 released today

2023-01-18_20-44-52.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been resolved with the latest build 24.1.1

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
100 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure that it is correct that the context menu has been replaced by Shift Delete. That linked page refers to the October release 24.0 and 24.0.1 certainly had the context menu (I saw it this morning). The page also says there is a Delete and Fill Selection context menu. The context menu has disappeared in 24.1.

While Shift Delete will help for now, this looks like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@john beardsworth I agree, it looks like a bug to me, I'll move this thread to the bug section

2022-12-14 18_09_42-Feature summary _ Photoshop desktop (October 2022 release) — Mozilla Firefox.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @luisnbispo and all for letting the team know. We are looking into this and will get back to you when we have an answer.

Cory

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hat this been resolved ? it isnt there for me. one click delete and fill isnt an option?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good find - but that's how it's been since delete and fill was introduced.  As I recall, a key shortcut that only worked if you disabled something else first.  The right click method works, though.  Well, until I updated and it vanished - it's a huge feature and obviously a bug so I'm sure it will be resolved soon by the good folks at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree thast it has been removed in version 24.1. I went to use it yesteray after the update and it was gone. I called Adobe and they said it was removed in version 24.1. Since this feature was added to 24.0, it was a big hit. Please bring it back!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was disheartened to see this feature gone!  I had been using 23.x and watched a tutotial vidoe on YouTube about the delete and fill feature of 2.4.x so I just upgraded, anxious to try this out.  Unfortunately I discovered the feature was not available.  I do hope Adobe brings this back and that it was just an oversight with this latest upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as many of you have probably noticed, at least on mac, after update 24.1 the right click 'delete & fill' function that was released with 24.0 is entirely gone.  Shift + Delete just brings up the Fill dialog box as it did before.  I know this was first reported in the bug section, but it appears there's now confusion over if that's a bug or if it was intentional to remove that feature.  One or two people on that thread reported that they contacted Adobe and were told the feature was removed with version 24.1.

I think it's a misunderstanding.  I'm fairly certain they wouldn't introduce a very useful and successful feature witht the ps 2023 release that's well praised in many articles only to remove it  less than 2 months later.

But I could be wrong.  I WOULD like to know, however, if that issue (if it IS a bug) has been resolved as I reverted Photoshop one version back to 24.0.1 to retain delete and fill because I use it daily.

If anyone has any official word on if it's a known bug or if it's intentional, that would be greatly appreciated.  I would like to keep my photoshop up to date, but am holding off until there's word that it's been resolved. 

Thanks, all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost the feature too. I use windows 11. There's a warning of some kind that if you revert back to a previous version, you won't be able to get new updates. I that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that warning, too.  I think it was just meaning that if you go backwards that you intend to stay there.  I didn't uninstall first or anything, I just went to the adobe cloud app, then "all apps", clicked the 3 dots next to the open button for photoshop, selected "other versions", and hit 24.0.1.  Then it told me 24.1 will be removed and also that warning about updates.  However, as soon as it was done reverting - my updates show the 24.1 update available undner updates again.  So on mac it worked fine and I can update again whenever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally uninstalled version 24.1 and installed version 24.0.1 and it's working again. I wonder why the feature was removed in 24.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstall version 24.1 and install 24.0.1, delete and fill works. I'm sticking with 24.0.1 until the issue is fixed in future updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a warning of some kind that if you revert back to a previous version, you won't be able to get new updates.

By @kirkimble

You can go back and forth the different versions of Adobe programs that are shown in the install options. And even if you miss out 10 major versions, you will always be able to upgrade to the latest version, as long as your OS supports that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Delete and Fill Selection has disappeared from the dropdown menu in my Photoshop. I'm using the selection tool, then right click to select the Delete and Fill Selection option and it's no longer there. I was only using it in my last project. I love that tool, it works beautifully. I've updated PS just recently, so could this be a bug?
Image attached

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64
Number of Launches: 3573
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 10.0.19045.2364
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3408 MHz
Built-in memory: 32627 MB
Free memory: 20915 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 25078 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %

ContentAwareProblem.jpg

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The issue has been reported here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-24-1-where-has-delete-and-fill-context-men...

You can revert back to version 24.0.1 from the Creative Cloud app until Adobe address the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor  Thanks so much for your quick response. I thought it must have been the update. At least I know it's not me. haha!

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 
I can confirm this happened to me after updating Photoshop to 24.1, 2 days ago. 

Delete and Fill Selection feature has completely disappeared. When right-clicking the mouse to access the contextual menu, there is no Delete and Fill Selection Thanks for letting the team know. 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even the Shift-Delete soesn't work to delete an object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that idea. I installed the previous version again and the delete and fill option is back. Whne the bug is fixed I will update again, but good for now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a warning of some kind that if you revert back to a previous version, you won't be able to get new updates. I that correct?

No, not correct. 

To go back (revert) to previous versions, use the Adobe Creative Cloud application; next to the product you want to revert, click on... (three little dots) and pick "other versions."

Maybe disable Auto Update in Adobe Creative Cloud. At such a time as you wish to upgrade, that's doable. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do these silly mistakes keep happening 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do these silly mistakes keep happening

Maybe more volunteers are needed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate