• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (macOS Sonoma) Photoshop 2023/2024 Save for Web shows incomplete preview

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated to Photoshop 2024 and my save to web panel is now not displaying correctly - see screengrab.  How can I adjust it to have the full image fill the four windows?  cheers, Bob

janee_0-1696022977935.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Hi All,
macOS Sonoma 14.1 updater has been released. If you update, the problem with Save for Web (Legacy) will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Adding bug info and setting status.
Please upvote the thread from the top if you also encounter this issue. Thanks!

Status Unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.1, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 219 Replies 219
219 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though Portraiture isn't an Adobe product, I think this post just indicates that the problem is bigger than just the Adobe product and that it shares something in common with Photoshop's glitch perhaps caused by Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well after upgrading to Sonoma. A similar glitch happens when using Vanishing Point as well (top 25% gets highlighted when re-sizing image within Vanishing Point and doesn't function properly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues... any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution for this, or is Adobe working on a solution? Since this is a "legacy feature" does Adobe actually care to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@magdalenab92482287 

The official bug report topic is here:

P: (macOS Sonoma) Photoshop 2023/2024 Save for Web shows incomplete preview

I would have expected that this (discussion) topic would have been changed to a bug and rolled into the other topic by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a preview problem with "Filter / Render / Lens Flare", but it is the same reason as Save for Web.
A macOS update is required.

Sonoma 14.0

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 19.32.38.png

Ventura 13.6

Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 19.36.34.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this same issue as well. I recently updated my 14" MBP to a minor revision of Monterey. 12.6.9 to 12.7.

Completely bricked my laptop. Had to take it in to an Apple store. Where they tried all the same stuff and agreed it was hosed. They could only wipe and reinstall. And thanks to the synchronicitous timing of the universe, meant I was being forced on to Sonoma the week it was released! Thankfully I have backups.

So I am able to get back all the work that only resided on the Mac. However, I cannot downgrade my OS from Sonoma to Monterey. Something they did replaces the firmware with Sonoma firmware and it won't let me use a bootable installer or anything. So I am stuck on Sonoma. (I know not an Adobe problem just saying downgrade may not be possible for a lot of us as a solution)

Just updated Photoshop to 24.7.1, still getting this problem.

Can I just say I really don't appreciate the 'legacy' next to Save for Web. Nothing else in Photoshop does what it does. Export as comes close but no check box to constrain proportion? No Blur? It's crucial to generating assets for various workflows. I have a ton of automations built around the save as dialogue. For those I do not need preview obviously, since it's batching stuff. But the 'legacy' status of Save for Web when there is no replacement nearly as feature rich has me nervous. Especially with a problem this big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem and switching to any different version icl 25, 24.x 23.x or resetting settings didn't help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like bug. I do encounter the same issue. Mac OS Sonoma, Macbook Pro M2Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this issues for a couple days now and it has really been bugging me. I have not seen anyone else have this same issue or its an easy fix that I dont know, but when I go to save for web legacy my preview windown only shows the top left corner of my document. I am on photoshop 25.0 on a macbook. Anyone know how I can see my whole document again?

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 8.19.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a problem. Your monthly subscription dollars hard at work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of us have the same issue. I tried it on an external monitor and it works there. So very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and even cause my hot corners lagging while using it, especially while using photoshop or illustrator. Why apple and adobe don't have the urgency to resolve this issue? Thousand of ppl are using this software and we are paying monthly and now they still wanted to hike up the subscription plan with this kind of servivces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 7.41.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, glad i'm not alone, I thought I was the only one that still uses Save for Web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Since my mac updated to Sonoma 14.0 I am seeing this bug. It was working fine before and I have the latest PS 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the verge of mf tears over this bug, adobe pls im begging u i need this fixed like last week 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the moment, try File > Export which gets you partway there. 

Or ... someone had success using a second monitor. I just tried that and it amazingly works! I dragged the Save for Web dialogue over to the second monitor and suddenly it's working. I drag it back to primary monitor and it's not.

If you don't have a second monitor, you can use any TV set that takes HDMI cables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just confirmed that works. Drag to the second monitor, and it's visible. Drag back to the first, and it's gone again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier I reported only having the issue on my Sonoma M1 MacBook Air and not on my Sonoma M2 Pro Mac Mini - just want to add with the recent comments this is likely due to the Mini being used with external monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg i do have a second monitor just didnt think to try this, thank you!!!!! fingers crossed it works for me : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a second monitor and it's still not solving the issue. I have tried everything. It is impossible to select slices. My workflow is completely disrupted by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue. MacBook Pro, 2023 16 inch, Sonoma

Votes

Translate

Translate