• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.0 Graphics Processor Compatibility Check fails: Unknown GPU

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just updated to Photoshop 2024 but I cannot get it to work with GPU acceleration. When I start Photoshop, I get this error: 

I am running a Windows 10 PC with two Nvidia RTX 3090 video cards and a 5950x CPU. 

So far, I have tried:

- Setting Photoshop and sniffer.exe to use my, uh, 'high performance 3090' as opposed to my 'power saving' 3090 (excellent work, Windows)  

elude107_0-1699397546871.png

- Updated to the latest Nvidia studio drivers and installed all Windows 10 updates

elude107_2-1699398040307.png

- Removed 'sniffer.exe' from the Photoshop folder as suggested, causes Photoshop to not boot. 

- Enabled "Older GPU Mode" in the Technology Previews, get same error so I disabled it again. 

-  Tried setting the GPU in Nvidia Control Panel, but I don't have a "Preferred GPU" setting like a laptop or PC with integrated graphics. 

- Disabled SLI

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop 2024

- Manually ran sniffer.exe, it sees the video cards just fine

elude107_1-1699397868843.png

Thanks for the update Adobe, it works really well

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

If all's well, I would just check the box at the bottom. I assume Nao mostrar novamente means Do Not Show Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Updating status

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 210 Replies 210
210 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me with this?
I have RTX 4050, latest 546.01 Studio Driver updated.
But it is still showing the same...

Kenneth33078638v40s_0-1700416001835.png

Warning: Driver update recommended Fail: OpenCL unavailable Pass: OpenGL available Pass: DirectX available Pass: Direct X feature level 12.2 available, feature level 12.0 required Pass: Above required VRAM (5936 MB of 1500 MB required) GPU Detected: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop GPU (NVIDIA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. This is apparently a recently introduced bug, and the forum is currently being flooded with similar posts.

While most users see only OpenCL unavailable, others see their GPU rejected entirely by Photoshop. But with the sudden wave of complaints all hitting at the same time, it's no stretch to assume it's all the same underlying problem.

This thread has some input from Adobe engineering, and the bug status set to "investigating". I think the other threads should probably all be merged into this one:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-25-0-graphics-processor-compatib... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro too doesn't even open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying, right?! I also posted on the Nvidia forum, just in case. But this is an adobe issue, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cosmic30923787o35b 

As per Dag's request, I've move your post to the primary thread so the engineers will see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! A few days ago PS is running perfectly fine then suddenly I got the same poppup saying GPU is incompatible. It's really frustrating! I just bought this new laptop a few days ago, and I though I got a dud. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane 🙂

Let's try to keep this the primary reference thread. Complaints will obviously come in from all directions, but its good to have a direction to point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god it's so nice to know I'm not alone in this!! My 3050 was running PS perfectly just a few days ago. It's so annoying 😞 I just bought this pc too, it's incredibly frustrating. The OpenCL option is also grey for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps a moderator could merge this thread also, into the "master" thread we have here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-25-0-graphics-processor-compatib... 

Yes, I know, there's always a tiny chance that two similar-looking issues aren't exactly the same after all. We do have some users with only OpenCL unavailable, and then we have some where the GPU is not recognized at all.

However, in this case I think it's a safe bet. The sudden explosion in GPU problems, all happening at the same time, can't be coincidence. And this time it affects current RTX 30- and 40- series cards, something we never saw before ca. three weeks ago.

Previously, GPU problems fell into three categories:

• old and underpowered cards
  • laptops with dual graphics
  • some unexplained AMD Ryzen problems (this has been going on for a long time).

What's happening now is unprecedented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse you would have to wonder why it's only affect some people with RTX cards, I assume it's not affecting you and Dave and myself have the RTX 3090 and we're not seeing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In effort to report to the main thread here is my issue:

3 month old ASUS Proart studiobook, 13th gen i9, RTX 4070: proper laptop

Photoshop: Driver update recommended (they are up to date) + openCL unavailable. But gpu detected correctly.

Indesign: no problem

Illustrator: no problem
Premiere Pro: crashes before opening.

My 3d softwares (Blender/Rhino) runs flawlessly with both i9 CPU and GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything worked fine last time I used it 7 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true, Ged, and I do notice that most of these cases are laptops. Always problems with laptops, no doubt because of the dual GPUs.

But not all. There are some desktop systems here too.

It's the usual troubleshooting nightmare, of course: What factors are genuinely common? What seemingly common factors are just coincidence? RTX, for instance, is what everybody gets these days. 98% of all new machines built today will have an RTX 40- series GPU.

My working approach to bugs is that it affects some systems under some circumstances, not all systems under all circumstances. If it did, it would have been spotted and fixed long ago.

But there is one red flag, even a smoking gun: This all started a couple of weeks ago. Before that, weeks could go by without hearing anything about GPU issues, and when they did, they were usually easy to diagnose (old card, bad driver, and dual GPUs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried your fix to mine, and it still does not work. So that may have solved your issue, but that's not a global remedy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT (could not delete original post)

@Nik Nastev Tried your fix (replacing sniffer with previous version), and it still does not work. Glad it solved your issue, but that's not a global remedy...unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rani wants to update that I just turned on the computer, I started Photoshop and the message that popped up yesterday that the drivers for the screen card and that OPENCL is not available suddenly did not appear and everything seems to be fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT 2.  @Nik Nastev  It worked!!! For whatever reason it took a hot second to process, but after about the 13th time I opened Photoshop, it worked! I know it's a temporary fix, but thank you so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***FIX FOUND***

Copy sniffer.exe from 24.7.2 (or earlier) to 25 and BETA

Also, when i first tried it, no change... somehow in the next 10 or 15 minutes it worked.

Not a permanent fix, bc unless PS update includes a fix for this, it will be replaced with same Sniffer.exe that causes issue, so u may have to do again.

I have opened and closed PS, as well as rebooted, and it' sticking so far. Hope it continues!!!

Good Luck...and big thanks to @Nik Nastev !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cosmic30923787o35b 

Did you recently receive a Windows update, either for Windows 11 23/H2 or a Microsoft OCL compatibility pack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do anything special just run the software

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh no @becomingcharly I suck at anything computer 😞 Im so glad you found a solution but how do I do that? is there a tutorial I can follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure. You may want to Google and check 

All you are doing is copying the sniffer.exe file from the Adobe Photoshop 2023 folder and pasting it in to the Adobe Photoshop 2024 folder (make sure you've deleted that same file in 2024 folder first).

Of course all this is contingent on the fact that you have already downloaded a previous version without deleting your current version, which is simply done by toggling off the auto update in the Adobe Creative Cloud app preferences.

Before you start deleting anything, just make sure you are comfortable with it. It may be innocuous deleting it, I don't know enough about that to tell you differently. Don't ever want to steer anyone in a bad Direction

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heya @becomingcharly

thank you for posting this as @Ged_Traynor brought me here.

yep, same issue on a razer 14 running AMD / RTX 4070.  my other razer with in intel / rtx3080 Ti is fine.  both running studio driver.  but as i do, with the big updates, i have adobe delete (but transfer preferences) over to the new folder so i have no 2023 folder to grab the sniffer file.

but hopefully more voices will get this sorted.

the program seems to run fine when i close the warning box, but it still is disconserting that 'not all things are right.'

thanks to you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wooooorks! This solved the issue for me too, and you weren't kidding that it took a while before it worked.

I used my wife's sniffer.exe file, luckily she hasn't accessed her pc for a while now so her PS is still at 24.7 😅

Anyway, thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate