• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error when saving, lag when zooming, changes not reflecting in document window (macOS)

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 22.1 update, MAJOR bugs:

- ‘could not save because of a program error’ when saving, work around: hiding a few layers or folders.

- major lag when zooming in

- actions and changes delay in showing, to the point where they never show up - once I close the document and quit Photoshop and go back in the changes are  visible.

what’s going on??

Working on MacBook Pro 2017 (8g memory) running Big Sur 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for program errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Reposting this from *ishal ismail, which solved the problem for me. Many thanks, Ishal!  

Here is my fix, I'm on macOS Catalina V10.15.6, PS V22. I gave PS Full Disk Access and restarted the system, seems like it has fixed the problem for now.

You can go to System preferences > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access ( You can find it on the left side pane > and add PS to the list by pressing the small + icon you can find on the bottom of the left-side pane.

Also, you need to unlock the pri

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 447 Replies 447
447 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you an email to reply to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Got the log and asked engineering to take a look. Couple of questions in the meantime. Do you ever use Design Space in Photoshop? (that enabled generator) Additionally, is Photoshop exiting normally when you quit? (e.g. not being force quit, hanging or crashing on Quit? (That would prevent the setting to disable Generator not to be saved correctly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the logs, the eng says rendering code for shapes is barfing (Polygon::Renderings::AddRendering) is there anything unique that you can think of about the shapes you're creating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing at all. Just regular rectangles, rounded corners, etc. Very basic shapes. In one psd that's also crashing I do have a smart layer that is a 3D rendered extruded shape. I could share the culprit psds with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, didn't see you previous comment. No I never use Design Space. Photoshop does exit normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were any of the shape layers merged together? Maybe it's not the type of shapes, but how they merged or combined? (Noted by Nixie here)  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/trouble_saving_as_pdf?topic-reply-list%5Bsett...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mate it sounds like you're making excuses and putting the blame on the customer. Why Adobe you just fix this fault that's been there in the software for YEARS and stop making excuses. It's Adobe's fault not the customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Foxy - because we have never seen this error, and have no idea how to reproduce it (despite lots of time spent).  The problem could be due to corrupt data in a particular document - which we can't know until we examine the document and can reproduce the error.  And people could easily be seeing different errors: Program Error just means something unexpected went wrong, and could come from many different causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! I had this PS issue too and I done as you said Chris : unchecking my layers and save... and bingo ! it works. This is really weird. Thanks for your trick, it solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you David. It worked. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file i was working on and gave this error was a somewhat large document, around 2m long by 90cm high, 300dpi and CMYK color mode, i was trying to save it to .PSD file and gave me that error, and i had to close PS or it would crash (since im in a crapy crapy computer, because at my office they wont get better ones...) so i saved it to a .PSB  file, a large document format file, and it worked, it may help some folks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David! If anyone is confused the option is in Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel .

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David! If anyone is confused the option is in Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel .

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! Thank you! That did the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2016 May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't read trough the whole post so someone might have the same solution. I got the same problem with error. Tried to open another image and save it - No problem. But for my specific working file I got this error. So I created a new document with the same size as the working file and moved all layers to the new file. I also saved the image on another disk (was suspecting that my startup disk was getting full) and it worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having a problem saving to PDF as my Photoshop only gives me PNG and few other formats to save as. What could be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIFE SAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your color mode set to under  Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Simon, glad people are still getting use out of this fix, although it would be nice if people never encountered this to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Simon, glad people are still getting use out of this fix, although it would be nice if people never encountered this to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 
This problem was happing to me just now. im switch the fonts and it works, its so weird but work! 
aleximicroslan@outlook.com if you want help with something to resolve this problem. Thx U

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me it didn't worked but i actually tried to do save for web and it work and its save itself as a .gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why it worked, but it worked for me! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am illustrating a 32 pg book, so I have many groups/layers.
I unchecked all of my layers and did a save as /a photoshop document instead if a pdf-
a pain but it least it saved my last hour of art!

Votes

Translate

Translate