• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Save As" no longer appear with second monitors or Sidecar running after update to macOS Monterey

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

When I try to "Save As" I get no result. Normally a dialog box will pop up with format / file location options but it's no longer happening. I am trying to save a .psd file as a .psd file. 

I have tried going to File / Save As and also the cmd/shift/S keyboard shortcut

I am also seeing this behavior in InDesign, but the Save As command works in Illustrator.

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Mac Mini 2018

Thanks!

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Fixed.  I'm running a 2nd NEC monitor that I use as my main screen. Changed the prefs to have the iMac as the main screen, then changed back, and now all dialog boxes are showing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

We'll investigate this with Apple. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro 2013 64Gb RAM running Monterey - 2 monitors - one via Thunderbolt (2 to 3 adaptor) one via HDMI

Latest version Photoshop will not allow save, save as, and export mode, not will Open work - blank dialog box.

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this.
Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop and see if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Have updated to Mac Monterey and the latest photoshop 2022 (23.0.0). With option to save to cloud or desktop. Can't save to desktop at all.  Nothing happens. When disconnected the external monitor as suggested and then the dialog appears without showing the local file system.  Can't click out. Forces you to save to Cloud Documents. Please fix! to save to computer.  Also can't open local files from the File > Open > On your computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to make Macbook the main monitor works after restarting PS the save dialog will appear. (But doesn't work again when I change it back to the extended display.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sense of relief that this isn't just happening to me is palpable.  I made the horrible mistake of allowing my 2019 MBP to update yesterday (from Mojave -- held out as long as I could) because I needed the new multiframe rendering in AE 2022 and ME.  Now my save dialogs are nonexistant in PS and AE (as well as Chrome).  I had to do this four days from the International Film Festival on a 36 hour straight burn to finish comping critical VFX shots.... My director is going to have me fall on a sword.... 😞 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever figured out to make the MBP the main display is a genius.  That did the trick.  I can take self immolation off the agenda today now.

THANK you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works with an apple. Monterey.
photoshop update 4 days ago. it was all OK. update apple - monterey two days ago. and since then I can't save photos, so I can't work.
problem with ps. I can not save photos with ps. does not function "save, save as, save a copy. I tried the photo just closed - there is a message - do you want to save the photos? I confirm that yes and still nothing happens. What should I do? help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM me a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest: if I disconnect the second monitor, and restart, all seems to work. As soon as second screen is connect, indesign and photoshop (that I know off) will not save etc. 

I had some better luck when connecting both screens via thunderbolt 2 ports, rather than one via HDMI, but not perfect 

only solution so far is run one screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apple IMac 2015, 27 '' with photoshop 2022
I set up a new test account as Admin. I opened a new ps account and it works. of course no settings, no action, but it works. I also I work with apple and a second eizo monitor, also after installing the update to photoshop, Imac (2015 27 '') did not see a second monitor. that's why i panicked and installed monterey. after installing montereyi, Imac saw a second monitor (eizo), but photoshop doesn't save photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Running 2 monitors.  Can not export a file or save as. Running a laptop beside a monitor that is set to the main display. Laptop screen acts as secondary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Macbook Pro - just updated operating system to macOS Monerey Version 12.0.1 along with all Adobe applications end of October during the Max conference. Now, neither the "save as" or "save a copy" window pops up to save a copy in PHOTOSHOP.  ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC 2021.007.20099 allows the "save as PDF" window to open but disappears when "choose a different folder" is selected. These are the only 2 apps I have encountered issues with so far. Please advise on a fix for this. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh.  When trying to open a document in Photoshop gives me this..... Is this happening to others?Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 12.52.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to post because I anticipate others may encounter this issue when updating apps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue. Have uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop more than once. But no change. When I remove the sidecar a window comes up but doesnt populate with all the info and freezes the whole program. Am desperate for a solution because this is killing my work flow

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I'm using a macbook with an extended monitor. I'm operating on Monterey 12.0.1 and photoshop 2022 (23.0.0). I've tried every suggestion in this thread with no luck. I did make the macbook the main monitor and was able to save successfuly. But when I moved back to extended display I couldnt save. I tried moving back to the macbook as the main monitor and no dice! I am so frustrated. !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some dialog windows are not shown. 

This includes Save As.

Next I noticed is choosing output when creating droplet: "Choose..." button under "Save droplet in" (File->Automate->Create droplet)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..then I read the "known issues" list. I have eGPU (with other display). I disconnected whole eGPU, restarted PS - to try modals and they're working. Then i reconnected eGPU and save modals are working too -- NOT only for the session, but also after PS restart! which is very nice for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. The workaround with main display works, but affects efficiency. Need to disconnect and connect the monitor every time. When we can expect the hotfix? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. I have found it seems to be only when my main monitor is connected through HDMI to a USB-C Hub Adapter (with multiple USB and HDMI ports etc). I tried a standard HDMI to USB-C connector and it works fine. Also DVI and USB-C connections work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the new M1 Macbook Pro (running the latest Monterey version) and installed Photoshop (v23). When trying to save an image it won't bring up the save dialog box so I can actually save. In the Security & Privacy settings area I've added Photoshop to the Accessability and Full Disk Access areas but still nothing. Restarted computer as well. I've also installed the beta version of photoshop and same thing. I've reinstalled and did all the settings again but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally found that this is a known issue with a second monitor. Hopefully a fix can be found soon. In the mean time the fix is to disconnect the second monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate