• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Type tool keeps resetting back to Myriad Pro 12pt

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Photoshop automatically go back to the default font (Myriad Pro 12pt) after I change to a different font and enter my text? I am trying to label a map for a client, and after every single label, I am having to reset the font to what I am actually using instead of the default. In 20+ years, I have never had this happen before. 

Here's my typical workflow: select TYPE tool > select desired font, size, color, etc > click on map > enter text > ENTER or ESC to commit > select TYPE tool > click on map to enter more text > repeat until project is finished

Here's what's actually happening now > select TYPE tool > select desired font, size, color, etc > click on map > look at CHARACTER panel to see that font is now Myriad Pro 12pt black > yell at Photoshop > change the font back to what it's supposed to be > enter text > ESC to commit > repeat 

Why is it constantly resetting? I've tried all sorts of different fonts, but it keeps going back to Myriad Pro.. Is it just me?

I am using PS 24.4.0 on Windows 11 Pro

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been clearer.  I was referring to Adobe PHOTOSHOP v24.4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have dedicated default settings for this, and Illustrator too?

I don't like Myriad Pro, and changing it every time to a font I like in Illustrator every time I start a new document is very tedious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am delighted to report that the annoying font anomaly has been FIXED with update 24.5!!!  Thank you.  I was losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default font is Myriad Pro, however when adding text and switching fonts, it causes an error and if it actually activates a different font, it will not allow you to save the file until you erase the text with different the font that gave you the error.

Any font saved as "Myriad Pro" seems to be OK and allows you to save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug is NOT fixed as of 25.0.0. I am still occasionally getting my active font reset back to Myriad Pro. It doesn't happen every time, like it did previously, but it still happens pretty often.

Votes

Translate

Translate