• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 21.1.3 - Hue Saturation dialog not responsive

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge reproducible bug with Hue/Saturation Dialog Box. 
Open a document, file, photo, then open try to manipulate Hue/Saturation, the slider moves a little bit then freeze. The problem is that it freezes the whole app. The only solution I found - one time again - is to kill the app and reboot. 
-
I'm sooooooooooo fed up with all these bugs on such simple manipulations.

https://youtu.be/nRZ3YdX_3xk

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020
This issue should be fixed in the 21.2 update that went out this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 113 Replies 113
113 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into the same issue now over the past few days. I've lost hours of work because of it. This is not a small problem. Please let us know when it's fixed. Can't use photoshop until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but this build is messed up. I went back to build 20.0.9 then guess what? I could not export any damned image for web. So who's complaining about ropes down here? The whole package is bugged. I'm really fed up with debugging those apps on a daily basis. And yes we're all hung with Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would you like to share the system specs so one of the experts could try to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would tell us  (1) total system RAM (since you are using laptop, that total is partially shared by GPU)  (2) how much % is allocated for Photoshop to use,  (3) how big is drive or SSD,  how full is that, (4) whether you have a good "anti-virus" (anti-malware) in place and not Windows Defender or a freebie like Avast,  (5) what other programs do you run at the same time as Photoshop.  There are a lot of very experienced users on this forum including experience specifically with Photoshop but also a lot of other areas regarding PCs. I have forty years in the field and owned a successful service business providing IT support for midsized corporations.

You will get answers, if you abandon the "blame game" and let others help. We are not charging you for this assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, it's not a blame game. I bought a car to drive from point A to point B not to spend my life in the motor hoping I could come back home. This is 15 years I'm paying licences and monthly plans in order to be able to deliver my graphic work. 
I already spent 4 hours last week with adobe technicians because documents in my tabs got frozen in Photoshop, and I could not save anymore files in Illustrator. Practical! I lost about 7 or 8 hours of work because of those random crazy bugs, and yes I am fed up. So everything that could help me to be back to normal is welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most helpful help I've seen.  But I'm a bit weird and really, really like layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you reluctant to share system specs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm sure I wrote a post with the specs yesterday, but it does not show up... 
So here are the specs: 

Catalina 10.15.4
Last update of CCloud
mbp 16'
32go Ram
Core i9 2,3
1To SSD (350Go free)
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 Go
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 Mo
-
In use when Photoshop's opened: 
FontXplorer, Illustrator, Affinity Designer, Chrome, Keynote and Spark. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is pretty well equipped... I have noticed on my system, the one on which I use Photoshop, a Windows machine with 32 gigs RAM and Nvidia card with 4 gigs video RAM , and four tb of drive (one 1 tb SSD and one Western Digital rotary that is 3 TB) that nonetheless , after a long project, I get a warning about low RAM conditions. It always seems to track back to Chrome, which grows it's use of RAM over time and as a function of the number of tabs open. Solution I have is to save my work, then kill Chrome and Bridge, then restart them. Seems to clear up memory hogger Chrome!  I wonder whether that Chrome quirk might be at play for your system?

I also note that you have Illustrator and Photoshop plus a couple of others open at the same time, so it COULD still be a RAM issue.

I am hoping that one of the Adobe people or Champions will jump in before the three day weekend is up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gold days of adobe in the past... every new update - bugs, bugs bugs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you actually like Layers then Adjustment Layers should be right up your alley. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So everything that could help me to be back to normal is welcome.
Just hide the Rulers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can temporarily downgrade to older version of photoshop 21.1.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me since updating to the latest version (21.1.3) today. It's not confined to hue/saturation either. Certainly I'm experiencing it with brightness/contrast and exposure dialogues. This is on macOS Catalina version 10.15.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hue saturation is not just the only problem, whenever I draw and use the hand(spacebar) to pan across the whole working area just moves to the right. Use the hand again and it will go further to the right and after a few tries, the whole thing freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again the Ruller? How could something so simple be the root of so many problems?
Clone Stamp, Healing Brush, Brush in General, and now the Adjustment Dialogs?
I'm scared to update. I'm stuck on 21.0.3 (0.3 not 1.3) and the ruller is always turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again the Ruller? How could something so simple be the root of so many problems?
Clone Stamp, Healing Brush, Brush in General, and now the Adjustment Dialogs?
I'm scared to update. I'm stuck on 21.0.3 (0.3 not 1.3) and the ruller is always turned off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try and find a Bug Report on the Hand Tool-issue or start a new one. 
One issue per thread should make it easier for Adobe-personnel to evaluate the relative impact of the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly.  It happens with multiple dialogs that I have tried.  Total freeze when more than one slider is moved.  And on a single slider movement...it is painfully stuttery.  Unbelievable that such basic functionality could get broken in such a late release update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My business depends on PS daily, so constant freezes on BRIGHTNESS or SATURATION, etc. and forced quits cause major disruptions and time lost.  I'm going nuts!  I tried getting rid of the ruler and IT WORKED!  I don't know if this is temporary, but at least I got some relief.  Thanks to all for this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a bug in the latest Version of Photoshop. When using: image >  correction > color/saturation photoshop freezes. I was able to change the saturation one time. But after changing the values again (fine tuning), the window freezes. I am not able to close the color/saturation window. I have to shut down PS from the system.
I ́m using an iMac with the Catalina 10.15.3 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling rules worked for me, at least it's a temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning rulers off as suggested seems to have fixed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have NEVER thought of this, but I tried it and it works.  Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate