• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe save for web error on Photoshop 21.0.1 macOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed catalina on a new hard drive on my MacBook Pro 2018. Then installed Photoshop 2020 (21.0.1) Im trying to save for web (legacy) a small image (1000 x 570 pixels, 72 ppp) and im gettind this annoying error: "Could not complete operation, unknown error has ocurred"

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.1 20191106.r.47 2019/11/06: 3152b481f18 x64

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the unknown error, could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps?https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work.  Still getting error 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A nice, "We're working on it" or Apologies, we'll have it fixed soon would be nice.  Even better, some scknowledgement they saw and read the post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs may have been damaged. Please throw it away in the trash.

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences/Adobe Save for Web 13.0 Prefs

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/save-for-web-not-working/td-p/10728756

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silk M, That link is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silk-m - I'm having the same issue and none of these troubleshooting suggestions have helped... neither did the suggestions in link.

I wouldn't mind Save for Web going away if the export options there were the same elsewhere, but they're not. You simply don't get as much control over png and gif exports as the Save for Web popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silk M, 

is this forum operated by AI?  It just seems as if nothing is being done about this issue. 

why is it Adobe can't answer the issues we're having?  It seems pretty widespread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil - Any chance you can forward this along to the devs? I'd love to be able to save out an animated GIF from the program I pay monthly for. Thanks!

Unfortunately the Save For Web area is the only way I know of to save GIF animations... The normal Save As and Export can't do it... Photoshop is holding my animation hostage. LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOUND: 

1. Reset the PRAM on your Mac
  2. Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac

To reset PRAM follow this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
To reset SMC follow this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Notice on reseting SMC that the process changes depending on your computer model. Mine is a MacBook Pro 2018 which has a T2 security chip so I followed the particular instructions for that model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. Not sure why reseting the PRAM or SMC would work for this one feature in PS, but I tried anyway... and I'm still not able to save out this animated gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind. I tried resetting the PRAM again and it worked. I can finally use Save For Web without an error popping up! YES!!! Thank you Imuzquiz!!! You're a life saver!

I didn't need to reset the SMC. Just resetting the PRAM solved the problem for me. I must not have done it properly the first time I tried. Maybe I stopped holding down the keys to early or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do anything for me, followed the guidelines which i knew beforehand and still ain't able to use save for web (legacy) for exporting gif or any other file type... PLEASE need help, how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Did reset the PRAM and SMC couple of times, not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me either 😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, your "resetting PRAM remedy worked for me too! Saved me from being late with web assets for Monday morning Phew! Thanks skubbles!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enough... Trying Capture1 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! SO frustrating since this is a function I used for work 10 times a day! Any answers???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing same issue.. everytime i save an image for web getting Save for Web Error? any solution???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took an Adobe rep 2 hours of remotely taking over my computer to fix the error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone affected should update to Photoshop 21.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to PhotoShop 21.0.3 resolved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating to photoshop fixed it for me 21.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines