• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hitting undo a couple of times removes a large amount of history

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue that I think started since the last PS update. It doesn't happen everytime I use photoshop but sometimes (usually when I fail to hit save after a long period). If I hit CNTRL+Z to step back a couple of steps, it reverts to about 200 steps earlier and my history until then disappears, forcing me to redo everything I have just done. I have been using photoshop for 20 years and have never had this problem until the last couple of weeks. Is there a way to recover the history that has been "deleted"?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now known/confirmed, there are multiple bug reports, you'll either need to take care and wait for a new update or roll back to a previous build until a new build is released.

P: Undo / History is not functioning as it should (Photoshop v24.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad this isn't just me! Step Backwards has been seriously, massively messed up in the last week or two. It's sending me back WAY further than it should and it's cost me hours of work. It's also not being properly reflected in the History panel, and the only way to fix it is to hit Undo, instead. Please fix this. It is a massive problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted the the last update in december and it has been working fine for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated to the latest version, and it resolved the bug. Thank goodness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines