• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I prevent layers in the timeline to move automatically?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I am experiencing a stressful thing in the Photoshop timeline.

I've created all the sketches for a storyboard as layers, and organized them in the timeline. They are not of the same duration, of course, and some adjustments needs to be done, such as moving some of them later or sooner.

The problem is that I've already edited with the pace I want some parts of the video, and if I try to move out of my video group the layer I need to move, all the successive ones instead of sticking where they are leaving some empty space,they move back to the place of the moved layer, which of course disrupts the whole timeline.
I can't have markers on the timeline, and I saw no option to tick off this utterly annoying feature.

I hope your wisdom will enlighten me!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, Timeline, …) visible to illustrate what you mean? 

Generally speaking: Photoshop is not a great video editing program. 

If you are serious about video editing and/or animation you might ultimately be better served by fosusing on more dedicated applications. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for replying, sure I'm leaving the screenshots here!

I'm aware that photoshop is not the most appropriate software for editing, I do the actual editing on premiere, but as I can't sketch in premiere, as far as I know, it is useful for me to have a chance to try out some timing for my rough storyboard, in the first steps of the workflow.

This is the starting point. I need to move the selected yellow clip.

Gideon23258179rswd_0-1645436929108.png

When I move it, the clips after it move back to the place the yellow clip belong.

Gideon23258179rswd_2-1645436961117.png

This is what, in my opinion, would be the best actual reaction of the other clips: none, leaving the gap.

Gideon23258179rswd_3-1645436991420.png

Of course is doable in a couple of steps, but it is very time consuming if there are many combinations to try out and more complex ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines