• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.3 Strobes in Black and White when Opening files

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when attempting to open a photo in Photoshop on my HP Laptop, details below, the photo appears in the layers tab bottom right, but not in the workspace /desktop: It is a constant Black / White strobe. The desktop /workspace flashes Black and white

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ā€Ž24/ā€Ž03/ā€Ž2021
OS build 19044.2604
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi All,

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12.

For Windows:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Enable the Older GPU Mode option in Preferences > Technology Previews > ā€œUse Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)"
  3. Check if there's a GPU driver update available and update if so

For macOS:

1. Update Photoshop to version 24.5 or later
  2. Update to a newer or latest ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

We would like to find out if there are any of you on Windows for whom:

A. Use Older GPU Mode is Checked, and

B. Deactivate Native canvas is Unchecked, and

C. are still experiencing this strobing issue with a GPU that supports DirectX 12?

If so, could you please provide Photoshop's Help > System Info dialog text in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1249 Replies 1249
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guy goffeh16756908 @Luigi29028771jvyc 

open photoshop preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

restart photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @guy goffeh16756908 and @Luigi29028771jvyc 

Thanks for reporting this.

e have investigated the error, and it has also been found reproducible on our end. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates. Currently, workarounds to this are available on the Adobe Community Forums. Please check this discussion and please upvote https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-photoshop-strobes-black-and-white-w....

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai Windows 10.

J'ai suivi le conseil de PG et Ƨa fonctionne bien Ơ nouveau.

JP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. 

I installed the latest PhotoShop updates yesterday, ver 24.3  

Ever since I did this, as soon as I open an image in any format even PDF, the screen starts to flash black and white. Note this only happens in the block where the image is meant to appear, the rest of the screen is fine. I can even see my tools for PS, just not the image I need to work on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!
I'm going through the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EACPhotoSA @Klebson26028322nni8 

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

restart photoshop

========================================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad "or update to v24.3" isn't the issue related to 24.3 šŸ˜‰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

is it? i think i've gotten confused with the 24.2 need for rosetta the 24.3 flashing screen.  sheesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's 24.3, it's been a mad few days on the forum with the issue, so it's easy to get confused šŸ˜€

I must have type this "enable this optiion in preferences and restart Photoshop" a thousand times at this stage šŸ¤£

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

thank you very much for that correction.  (i'm trying to fix the several messages i messed up today.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed the latest Photosop and image files are no longer opening. This has been replced with a white flashing screen. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with ps v24.2, open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas" restart photoshop

or use ps v24.3

=======================================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ƚlltima actualizaciĆ³n de Photoshop v24.3, error al abrir la imagen empieza a parpadear la pantalla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas" restart photoshop

<moved from cc desktop bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias y muy util la informaciĆ³n, problema resuelto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

de nada! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Pete Green suggestions worked, separately.  Thanks, but I hope you can fix this permanently. It just started a few days ago, so I didn't really like going back to 2016??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps seems to be having some problems with its mac releases starting with 24.2 requiring rosetta and then the quick update to that with 24.3 which fixed the rosetta issue but triggered a slew of strobe-like problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround that works for Windows 10, don't know if it works for
Mac but worth a try
Try this,
In Edit/preferences/Technology previews 1. click Older GPU mode (pre 2016)
2. click Deactivate native canvas.
Worked for me. Worth a try.

Dave T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas"

restart photosh

is all that's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop funktioniert nach heutigem Update auf v 24.3 nicht mehr.
Der Fehler zeigt sich sofort nach ƶffnen eines Bildes, indem der Bereich des Bildes innerhalb des Photoshop Programmes nur noch hell -Dunkel aufleuchtet, vor diesem Update lief Photoshop einwandfrei.
Kann ich das Update wieder rĆ¼ckgƤngig machen ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open photoshop>edit>preferences>technology preview>check "disable native canvas" restart photoshop

=============================================================

<moved from using the community bugs>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias, Pete.Green. me funcionĆ³. regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Look at this message of Pete Green. I had the same problem and  it was resolveld with a simple clic.

"

Apologies for the flashing/strobing you're experiencing when opening files, this tends to affect older graphics cards (GPU) that don't support all of the aspects of DirectX 12. 

1. The first thing to try would be, enable the Older GPU option in Preferences > Technology Previews > ā€œUse Older GPU Mode (pre 2016)ā€
  2. If still having trouble, try enabling the "Deactivate Native Canvas" option also in Technology Previews

Regards,

PG"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines