• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2020 running slow

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Photoshop auto-updated for me this morning (yay!) but as I have been using it throughout the day, it has started to lag. At this point I wasn't even able to make a selection without having to wait 10 minutes (approximately) before it was ready to move on to the next step. Is there a reason it's running so slow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 194 Replies 194
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same! It can't even handle the simplest things now. 😭 Thought it was because I had Illustrator running simultaneously but I closed that and still can barely handle me selecting a layer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, too slow.   CPU at 100% while creating thumbnails on bridge.   Windows10, intel i7 HP, SSD, GeForce GTX950m. Uninstalled V10 and reinstalled v9.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have to wait for almost all my actions including moving an object with arrow keys, re-sizing canvas, changing color for a shape... etc. The list goes on and on. I was so excited to install the new version after hearing all the good news at Adobe MAX, and now I am kinda surprised Adobe did not QA the software before this big launch! 

Version: 10.14.6

MacBook Pro 15 inch 2019

Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Code i9

Memory: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Redeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never ever seen resizing canvas take 10 mins in all 30 yrs of using Photoshop...and it hogs 1 full core to do it.

What the !!!! happened to QA! I did QA and would never have allowed a bug like that get out of the lab! Now I have to endure painful work while waiting for a fix. Shame, shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been many months since many reported the insane slowing of doing basic editing tasks. Adobe has failed to respond nor provide any work arounds. I did QA and was damn good at it. In 1993, I sat in on an informal meeting about moving to the subscription model to sell software (legally am not allowed to name the parties there). I warned/predicted the very situation -- a trashy update hindering effective use of the softare -- we Photoshop renters are in. For me, its a bitter joke to find vindication. By not swiftly fixing the bug Adobe is only pushing users to find other stable software to get creative work done. My trust and good-will, what little is left, in Adobe is gone. I demand either a half year partial refund or a 6 month extension to our subscriptions for all. An ex-Adobe well-known and beloved support/PR/guide of Adobe products once said "I swear because I care," F-U-C-K ADOBE.

How many of you want some kind of compensation for lost of your time and frustration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, updated today, been struggling to edit one picture for 6 hours!!! Trying to get previous version back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is slow for me as well but I also noticed that my entire PC slows down to a crawl. Even after closing Photoshop 2020 Windows remains in a very laggy and unresponsive state until I reboot the system.

Core i7 7700K, 16gb of RAM (28% in use right now) and a GTX 1660 Ti.

The system is struggling to open the task manager right now.  After a reboot everything is fine but once I open Photoshop the slideshow begins once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the 2020 release version insanely slow, even to just pan across the canvas with touch screen. The recent update has sped it up a little but its still quite unusable.

I have a large image, 10k X 14k pixels, but only 4 vector path layers. 

Is perfectly responive in PS 2019 so I have both installed and will wait for all the patch-updates before commiting to the new version.

Using Surface Pro 4

i7, 16G Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate that I am thankful that people with newer Macs are having the same issues too, I was scared it was time to bite the bullet and upgrade from 2015. I also notice the lag. There is a 1-2 minute stall while saving, copying layers from document to document and it is some documents more than others, despite being a similar size. I havne't noticed quite as big as an issue so much with selections, but mine aren't anything too detailed.  Not running any software with it either. Wish I would have read this forum before updating-  thanks for posting, guys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, reverting back to cc 2019 for a while I guess.. Been trying to edit 5 photos for the past 3 hours but it just keeps freezing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got update 21.0.1 last night, and the drawing slowdown caused by visible slices looks to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...wish I could believe... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you been able to fix it? Or has anyone been able to revert back to 2019? This is crazy and I need to get shirts printed but 30 minutes to output is crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix as far as I know @bigpapa2911. I re-installed the previous version of the app. You can open the CC Dashboard, click on the small menu icon and select "Other versions" and download the version 20.0.7 to revert back to 2019. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.43.39 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Mac Mini 2018 - 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD. Just upgraded Photoshop 2020 version 21.0.1 and it's so laggy as to be unsuable. Awful lag even just using the healing brush. I have checked all my settings for optimising Photoshop performance and I'm stumped as to what could be causing this. I had a similar but less serious issue with lag in the 2019 version. Anyone got any tips to resolve this, or any word from Adobe on what they are doing to address this problem? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DE-IN-STALL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reverted back to previous 2019 version (20.0.7), as the new 2020 version kept freezing on me - or at least the lag time was so bad it felt like it was freezing! Couple times I couldn't even force quit! Transform tools, especially free transform, were a problem, but dragging an image over from Lightroom also made it seize up, as did using the selection tool or any number of simple tasks. I'm on a Mac, by the way. Hoping reverting back will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - terrible!

I'm in Sweden, also Macbook pro retina (mid 2014)

Anyone knows how to get access to photoshop 2019 (after after having changed and removed the old versions...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-08 um 17.52.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just had to revert back to 2019 as well. 2020 has been crawling for me on some stuff that had previously been no issue in 2019.

I now have both Photoshop 2020 and 2019 installed on my MacBook Pro 2014. I just now tested both versions with the specific file that gave me issues in 2020 (which made me revert back to 2019) and yeah, 2020 is the issue. It works fine in 2019.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. Specifically, "export as" is hanging for me. I still have 2019 on my Macbook Pro, running Catalina OS. I am going to switch back until they get the lag issues ironed out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same for me. Specifically, the transform (usually scaling) is taking exponentially longer for simple commands. It's driving me insane. I will probably go back to 2019 for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 has been UNBEARABLE for me to use and has completely destroyed my efficiency at work. Ever since I updated to Mojave and began using PS2020, it takes me forever to get through photos. It lags almost every time I try to do anything, especially when saving items and trying to move on to the next one. Anyone know a fix? I'm working on a MacBook Pro (with a monitor of course), version 10.14.6 and a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5. Not sure what else info one might need, but I would love some help here. What used to take me 30 minutes is now taking two hours and lots of frustration as I sit and watch the spinning wheel multiple times while adjusting the same image. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right there with you! Mine is an imac 2019 mojave. PS2020 has slowed my entire mac down when its open... takes me 30mins to do something thats 5 minutes work!!! please fix this adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on 2017 iMac Pro running Mojave. Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W Memory: 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

Please get your act together, Adobe! Given the amount of money we now have to pay for CC subscriptions, Photoshop should be without fault. It's incredibly frustrating to be experiencing such a laggy interface. Something that should have taken me 30 minutes tops has now taken a couple of hours. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines