• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2022 crashes

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop crashes all the time! Especially when I go to use the paint bucket tool

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

I just figured a fix.

In my case I bought a switch last week with the goal of switching from my new work pc to my personal one.

My two external monitors then, go through this starttech docking station. (The issue with adobe apps it is in my personal laptop.)

After days, I checked my display adapters shown, that are 3 now, being one of them the docking station.

I decided to right click and disable my original adapter (In my case AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M335).
Guess that was the conflict! It is working now!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

It looks like most of the crash reports on this thread were fixed in the 23.0.1 update. If you've haven't updated to 23.0.1, please do. If you're still crashing using 23.0.1, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes on trying to type, and has been showing error messages when I try to do some things like liquify. Uh I appreciate the neural filters guys but I have work to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a newer Surface Pro and since Photoshop has updated to 2022, the program crashes consistently EVERY time I've tried to use it.  The program is completely unusable at this point.  How can I revert to 2021 version which was working well enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add that it has been repeatedly crashing for me as well. Twice in the last half hour since opening it and once last night in the few minutes that I was working with it. I have submitted the crash reports, so they should be in the system. It's not a memory issue as I have 32gb of ram and was nowhere near maxing out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!
I can't even watch a video on youtube while photoshop is open anymore because for some reason, it makes my PC freeze!!
The 2021 version worked perfectly fine, I never had any problems while using it. Why the hell did it changes into the 2022 version without even asking me if I wanted the update, now I'm stuck with this atrocious version that causes problems on my PC everytime!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Updated to PS 2022 and not only does photoshop crash constantly, but my computer is not shutting down constantly. Started happening immediately upon updating. I have sent reports almost everytime as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled the former version. I couldn't get anything done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues! Spent 2 hours with an Adobe employee who uninstalled the newer version and now the older version is crashing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for me. 2019 MacBook Pro. Since updating to 2022 the app crashes immediately upon launching. I've uninstalled/reinstalled. Launched without plugins. All to no avail. All the other apps work just fine. I reverted back to the previous version, 25.5.2 and its working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reverted back to the previous version, can you explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Creative Cloud app; in the App tab, find Photoshop, click the three dots menu in the far right, and click 'Other versions'. You can have two versions of PS installed at once on your machine, but you may have to uninstall the latest version if you encounter issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! I never want to use this v23 again in my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The versions are independent, I have way more than two, and they do not interact: their preferences and code base are different.(the exception being Camera Raw that is shared between versions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue from me. Windows 10 Pro, NVidia GEForce GTX 1080 Ti, Photoshop 23.0.0, NVidia Studio Driver 472.39

After installing successfully, PS opens normally but as soon as I open an image (TIFF or PSD) my computer crashes, instantly restarting with no log file being written.  I have tried uninstalling both PS and the NVidia drivers and reinstalling with no success.  Also tried switching NVidia driver to the Game version but still no luck.
Everything else is completely stable (including Lightroom Classic latest version 11.0

Eventually I have rolled back to prior PS version (22.5.2) and everything is stable, working well.  

I also tried other feedback I have read about renaming Spaces folder but to no avail.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me here, only more extreme. Launching Photohsop 23.o on my iMac (2017, MacOS Monterey) just shuts my Mac down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the release of version PS 23.0.1 today and tried upgrading to it again today after reading of fixes to 23.0.0.  After upgrade PS opens OK and does not crash when I open a Tiff file (which it was doing before).  False hope!  Sadly after opening a tiff file and selecting the Object selection tool my computer crashes into a full reboot again like before.  I repeated this again and stable in all other ways but crashes the instant I select the object selection tool.  So sadly I have uninstalled this version again and staying with version 22.5.3 which remains completely stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2022 will NOT open at ALL on my machine either. Mac Mini 2018 recently updated to Monterey (12.0.1).

I have initially tried to launch PS 2022 last week, it would never launch, so I uninstalled it and continued using the previous version. After encountering many annoying bugs in PS, decided to uninstall it altogether then tried 2022 again. Still will not launch. Endlessly spinning. I need to go back to 2021 AGAIN. What's up with that??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virginie, bonjour,

Did you try to recreate your preferences in Ps 2022?
See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue - it's making me lose money on the creative services I provide by trying to troubleshoot this. Really wish Adobe would stop skipping the QA/QC phase of their updates and letting their users suffer with debugging their software updates to save a buck... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible fix for MacOS 12... System Preferences > Privacy settings

I had exactly the same experience on MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey - Photoshop 23.0.0 (2022) would crash on launch. Tried disabling plugins and deleting the Adobe font cache to no avail.

As the crash happened on launch, I decided to look at the MacOS System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy settings for Photoshop.

Photoshop appears checked (on) in a number of these Privacy settings: Calendars, Photos, Accessibility, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders, Screen Recording and Automation.

I decided to cycle these settings by turning them all off and rebooting my iMac. On reboot, I went back to System Preferences and turned them all back on again. 

Then fingers crossed, I launched Photoshop 23 (2022) - and success! Spent an hour doing some test work on a number of images and so far no further crashes.

I hope that works for you.

(NB: An old problem with Adobe CC apps is the FontExplorer X Pro plugins. They are version specific and can cause problems when Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign apps are updated. Make sure these plugins are disabled when you update CC apps - and wait a few weeks for Monotype to release new plugins.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I cannot open the windows explorer that my computer freezes. Sometimes I open a new file and cannot see the canva so I cannot work on it. And when I start using brushes I get not enought RAM memory messages and cannot use them. All started happening after the update. I cannot find how to fix the problems and getting crazy here because I cannot work!!!

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the previous version Photoshop 2021 and right now it does work fine.
I'm not touching Photoshop 2022 until there is an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even access the previous version....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download it from Adibe creative cloud.
Click on the 3 dots next to the Photoshop Open button and select other versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. After installing any version of 2022, it crashes after I click to open an image. I've spent wasted hours. I've sent over 25 crash reports just today. Clicked on the 3 dots next to Photoshop and went all the way back to before 2022 versions. 
No more crashing. The errors I was getting on the log file were about states of programming trees. That's deep level stuff. Someone's made a huge programming error at Adobe. I'll be on 2021 for a long time. Nothing in 2022 is bug-free on my PC with Nividia 3070 vid card. No features I thought were worth any of the bells & whistles of 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF... I have just updated my photoshop and it's turned into a mess! Crashes my computer every time I open it. Absolutely useless. It was working great until I updated it to the most recent version of PS 2022. Previous version worked ok. 

Tried to downgrade it to a previous version, but no go. Still crashes. I will probably have to completely wipe Adobe from my computer (all of the apps) in order to get the older version to work.

I also can't get it back to PS V21 which was stable. Anything above that just seems to crash my computer now.

Please fix this problem.... Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, after applying the content aware tool, while it is loading, the whole thing crashes 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines